Sponsored

TRD Sport - Are you splurging for premium upgrade?

Curleybill56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Tacoma Pre runner
First of all the allocation tracking here is amazing, huge thank you for that being available. Im curious if folks that are opting for a TRD sport are also throwing down the extra $10k for the Premium upgrade? Well it's likely more like 12-13k because every allocation i've seen with the Premium Upgrade also has a bunch of factory installed accessories included. I've always opted for the higher trim levels in our new vehicles but i'm struggling with that decision on the taco given it comes at the tune of about $50k. Just curious where other folks who also suffer from power seat and big display FOMO are landing.
Sponsored

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Originally I was going with just the sport upgrade. My salesman built out what I was looking for and it came out around 51,000. I was already feeling I was comprising on features that I have in my Bronco, like leather seats, bigger screen and other tech.
After seeing what the allocations they were going to be, I was giving up some things I wanted.

so we built out the Sport with the Premium and some accessories I wanted and for 2,500 more I would be getting everything I wanted and not having to compromise on features.

for me it made more sense to get the Sport Premium. If Iā€™m going to be spending over 51,000 I do not want to compromise on features.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm going for the 6MT so sport + is my only option. I'm kinda glad because I really didn't want to dish out an extra 10k which is absurd but the lack of options is a little disappointing

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
Going for the Limited currently, but love the look of the Sport with Premium package. I would miss the auto running boards and HUD the Limited offers but would prefer NO sunroof which the Sport offers, also prefer the Sport for No chrome, all though the chrome/brushed aluminum look on the Limited with Wind Chill Pearl looks BOSS & Authoritative to me!

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
My TRD Sport will be 6MT, mud guards and heated seats for 44k.

Craig1952

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tundra
Iā€™m going with the pearl white Limited, Iā€™m waiting on when I can get one with no dash cam, no spray in bed liner, no black tail pipe, no protective film. My dealer say around March 1st for what Iā€™m calling a limited lite.

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
My TRD Sport will be the 6MT, premium package with mud guards.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Will be a premium for me. And will more than likely buy from outside of GST so I don't have shitty port add ons that I don't want.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Will be a premium for me. And will more than likely buy from outside of GST so I don't have shitty port add ons that I don't want.
What does that mean to buy outside of GST? How do you go about doing it that way? Agreed about port add-ons...

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
What does that mean to buy outside of GST? How do you go about doing it that way? Agreed about port add-ons...
I will buy outside of Texas or any other state that is in the Gulf States Toyota cartel unless I can find what I want without the port adds. I have no problem dropping a couple hundred bucks on a plane ticket and driving it back if it will save me a couple of grand.

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
I'm going for the base TRD Sport here in Canada which has 6' bed and 8AT. The base Sport starts at $53,182 CDN versus the Premium starting at $61,282 CDN.

There's not much I really would miss except the heated steering wheel which should be available on all models up this way.

Running boards will be the first accessory I add and probably from the dealer, but everything else I can live without just to get the Tacoma into my price range.

Here's the extras on the TRD Sport Premium in Canada compared to the base TRD Sport:

parking assist with auto braking
panoramic view monitor
12v dc connector front
card key
trailer backup guide
wireless charging
digital key with card key
400v cabin power outlet
14" screen
2 extra ubc charge ports
10 speaker JBL stereo
400w cargo bed outlet
bed power ports
power, ventilated softex seats
dual zone AC
front and side acoustic glass
heated steering wheel
sunroof
running boards
side mirror turn signals
trailer brake controller

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I will buy outside of Texas or any other state that is in the Gulf States Toyota cartel unless I can find what I want without the port adds. I have no problem dropping a couple hundred bucks on a plane ticket and driving it back if it will save me a couple of grand.
I see. I am in Oklahoma, and every Tacoma I have seen has had a ton of port options on them. The connectivity package really just pisses me off. Apparently it includes a 12V to USB adapter, for a truck that has USB chargers built in all over the place! Also not a fan of the protection package on all of the vehicles.

OP
OP

Curleybill56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Tacoma Pre runner
Talked to the wife and she's not a big fan of giving up power seats and leather. Working on locking down a reservation for a Sport with Premium Package and only a single $150 edge guard mark up. It's not my preferred color but given it's the only one i'm seeing like that in all of SoCal i'm not sure i should hold out.
Sponsored