Truck2go bed cover?

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Has anyone dealt with Truck2go out of Southern CA. They make tri fold and retractable bed covers. There is nothing on the market yet for hard bed covers. They listed a cover for 2016-2023 then I noticed they updated the cover to 2016-2024. When I said I was hesitant after they updated the year and that the 2024 is a new design with different bed dimensions, they responded that the 2016 and up does fit the 2024 and that they "tested it". I am very hesitant though but really want a cover. Just hate to drop 1K on a cover for it to then not fit.
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I’ve been looking for a hard tonneau. There aren’t many suppliers that have updated versions for 2024. I don’t think a 23 cover will fit a 24. The bed is 3” wider.

havajohk

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
One dealer told me the 23 BakFlip would fit the 24. However they now say no. Glad I didn't order. I haven't found any yet. Please update us if you find one that is made for the 2024

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
From my googling Renegade and Diamond Back have covers. Bakflip and Extang say they are coming for the general market. Bakflip available through deslers. I think that’s what the optional tonneau cover is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TRD _Rob

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The renegade shows a 25-week shipping window, which kinda tells me they are selling a 2024 cover but not yet making them and the cost is $2600. I will be at the dealership tomorrow for service on the Camry TRD so ill ask about the Bakflip cover.

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
A month ago, they told me the 2024 Tacoma version was in R&D and that it would not be available anytime soon unfortunately. I will ask again given they now say 2024 is the same as previous generation.

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Update: Truck2go also responded to my query that their tonneau covers from previous years from2016 fits the 2024 Tacoma. I expressed some concern that it might not fit but they didn’t elaborate. They are out of stock on the hard cover I wanted and did not have an ETA for stock or delivery timing to Canada.

OP
OP
TRD _Rob

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my googling Renegade and Diamond Back have covers. Bakflip and Extang say they are coming for the general market. Bakflip available through deslers. I think that’s what the optional tonneau cover is.
Through toyota dealership parts dept they are saying they have no bed covers yet. I was there this morning

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Through toyota dealership parts dept they are saying they have no bed covers yet. I was there this morning
common theme I’m getting on tonneaus, tool boxes and KO3s.

it’s like vendors don’t want to make money anymore?

Azdirtrider

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma (coming)
common theme I’m getting on tonneaus, tool boxes and KO3s.

it’s like vendors don’t want to make money anymore?
It’s probably more that they can’t find a truck to build from. We are all waiting for our trucks so they are too. If you have a 24 and live close to an accessory company hit them up. They may give you something free to use your truck for dimensions.

Cody56

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1794 Tundra
Diamondback is about 5 weeks. My HD still looks new after 3 years.

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
I’ve been looking for a hard tonneau. There aren’t many suppliers that have updated versions for 2024. I don’t think a 23 cover will fit a 24. The bed is 3” wider.
I asked Trucks2go how it's possible for their 2016- 2023 to also fit the 2024's wider bed and this is their response :

"We confirmed that our bed covers will fit the 2024 Tacoma.

Not sure where youre seeing that its 3in wider."

I want to believe them but I'm leary and unfortunately don't have access to measure both the outgoing and the new design to confirm exactly how much wider the 2024 is.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
From Toyota’s website it says 3” wider. I’d probably trust that source. I don’t get my truck until late May. Assuming it’s not delayed. I’m going to hold off on accessories until the suppliers catch up.

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
From Toyota’s website it says 3” wider. I’d probably trust that source. I don’t get my truck until late May. Assuming it’s not delayed. I’m going to hold off on accessories until the suppliers catch up.
Come to think of it..in one of lead engineer Sheldon's videos, I remember him saying that the overall truck is up to 3" wider due to the beefy wheel arches on TRD Pro and Trail Hunter.
If that is the increase then it may not alter bed width.
From more searches I think the issue with 3rd gen tonneau not fitting 4g might be the fact that 4g bed is gets narrower from front to back.
4g top of bed inside width measures 57 5/8" at cab, 56 3/8" at tailgate.
Who knows though. Once someone puts a Trucks2go install/review online all will be well.
Sponsored