• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

U.S. 2023 Ranger Raptor Pricing Revealed! $52,489 MSRP Starting Price

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Yeah I'm not seeing $12,000 more worth of awesome on that Raptor and I'll bet you're right that with options we'll be $20,000 more than my Lariat Tremor was. Hard pass lol.
I can semi see it if it comes with the new 3.1 Fox shocks and the 3.0 motor. But even if its worth it, paying that much for a midsized makes you pause a bit, at least anything over 60k.
Wonder if the new raptor ranger will have a bigger fuel tank? The overseas one has an 80L which is 21 gal in freedom numbers, since the wheelbase is 2"(or something like that) longer, hopefully they stuff a bigger one in.
Sponsored

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Personal request... can we get it in something other than Family Truckster form?
I have more need for cargo in my truck than people.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Personal request... can we get it in something other than Family Truckster form?
I have more need for cargo in my truck than people.
Ha! I can’t agree more! But I want a midsize people and gear hauler. I’m hopeful of SuperCrew with a 6’ bed and while I’m making a wish, offer the configuration in Tremor form. Would make for a perfect overland rig right from the factory!

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I've been waiting for this to hit the US too. By looking at the issues with the Bronco (not just the launch) but the many other problems they're having with it it might be a good idea to wait it out a year. Maybe IF the Maverick and the Lightning go smoother I might be more comfortable buying a first year run but I've been burned by them several times before. There's no guarantee the second year will be trouble free either but at least if there's any issues they'll have had time to correct them.

As far as the price I'm guessing that's the base model and a nicely loaded one will be somewhere around $62,000 - $65,000 msrp? Of course then there will be dealer "adjustments".
The main issues with the Bronco though are making enough of them and the hard tops. There is a small subset of Broncos with blown 2.7 (31 the last time i checked) and rumor from ford insiders was there was a bad batch of valves.
There has been a few reported 4x4 failures, but they are few and far between and probably similar in ratio to any other vehicle.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco OBX 2Dr 2.7, '21 Ranger Tremor, '16 C7
Occupation
Engineer
As much as I'd like one I guess I'll have to wait and see what it really has for options and of course the final price. It's always nice to get everything factory (like the Sasquatch package) for the warranty but at what price? More than likely you can build something for far less money and have fun doing it. Most will never use the Raptor (any of them) for what it's intended for so it's more of a "status" vehicle which there's nothing wrong with that. I'm hoping there's a few different models so you can get the entry one and maybe build off of that one. At $52K it's not a bad starting point depending on what you're getting.
TRD Pro is realistically $52k+, but do these go for MSRP?

Gladiator Rubicon and Mojave start at around $47,200k, but realistically they are also around $56k (Automatic, hardtop, etc) upwards of $65k.

So I think the Ranger Raptor seems to be priced well.

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Ford 3.0L EcoBoost Engine Info, Power, Specs, Wiki (fordauthority.com)

Impressive specs for the 3.0L V6 Eco Boost. First seen in 2017 Lincoln Continental. All aluminum motor, besides all the plastic.
Rated at 494Hp and 630 lb ft

F 150 Raptor $65 K USD
Bronco Raptor $70 K USD

The Bronco does not have to steal the F 150 sales so the Ranger Raptor fits a slightly cheaper niche.

It looks like the good stuff on the Ranger Raptor is the suspension and the motor. The rest of the stuff is appearance.
Paddle shifters give me a split rear seat instead ! Its a truck. Looks good on the Mall Crawler
There was some debate about this previously, i think on here? or maybe the Bronco forum, about the "all alluminum". I found this:
The Ford 3.0 EcoBoost uses a two-piece engine block design – upper and lower block. Compacted graphite iron, a material Ford used in the 3.0 L Power Stroke and 6.7 L Power stroke engines, is used for the upper cylinder section."

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Ford 3.0L EcoBoost Engine Info, Power, Specs, Wiki (fordauthority.com)

Impressive specs for the 3.0L V6 Eco Boost. First seen in 2017 Lincoln Continental. All aluminum motor, besides all the plastic.
Rated at 494Hp and 630 lb ft. Not sure if the Ranger Raptor will have that spec engine.
F150 3.5L Eco boost Ford 3.5L EcoBoost Engine Info, Power, Specs, Wiki (fordauthority.com)

F 150 Raptor $65 K USD
Bronco Raptor $70 K USD

The Bronco does not have to steal the F 150 sales so the Ranger Raptor fits a slightly cheaper niche.

It looks like the good stuff on the Ranger Raptor is the suspension and the motor. The rest of the stuff is appearance.
Paddle shifters give me a split rear seat instead ! Its a truck. Looks good on the Mall Crawler

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
There was some debate about this previously, i think on here? or maybe the Bronco forum, about the "all alluminum". I found this:
The Ford 3.0 EcoBoost uses a two-piece engine block design – upper and lower block. Compacted graphite iron, a material Ford used in the 3.0 L Power Stroke and 6.7 L Power stroke engines, is used for the upper cylinder section."
We will have to see the final architecture of the 3.0L

Typically, in a truck engine setting, the materials should be powerful enough to withstand heavy-duty tasks such as towing and embracing the all-wheel-drive application. Besides, trucks are the go-to vehicle in countryside areas.

The framework stands next to the Ford 2.7 EcoBoost engine design. The Ford 3.0 EcoBoost uses a two-piece engine block design – upper and lower block. Compacted graphite iron, a material Ford used in the 3.0 L Power Stroke and 6.7 L Power stroke engines, is used for the upper cylinder section.

This includes the cylinders with the fractured main bearing caps, crankshaft, pistons, offset I-beam connecting rods, and individual piston cooling jets.

The lower block is the usual cylinder block composition of the die-cast aluminum ladder frame bolted to the iron block and bearing caps for the lower stiffening section of the block. A composite oil pan seals the bottom aluminum frame.

Furthermore, the engine has an integrated front cover which is kind of complicated. Inside is comprised of an integrated water pump, oil filter, oil passages for an oil cooler, cam phasing, and accessory drive components.

Serviceability is higher if your water pump fails.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
We will see if the 3.0L output numbers are true. F-150 Raptor uses a 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 spitting out 450 hp and 510

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Furthermore, the engine has an integrated front cover which is kind of complicated. Inside is comprised of an integrated water pump, oil filter, oil passages for an oil cooler, cam phasing, and accessory drive components.

Serviceability is higher if your water pump fails.
I believe the 2.7 and 3.0 Nano engines have an externally mounted water pump, unlike the 3.5 EcoBoost which has the pump driven by the timing chain.

The BRaptor has reportedly been confirmed to use a CGI block, not aluminium like the Lincoln version of the 3.0, and reportedly figures are about 400hp.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I believe the 2.7 and 3.0 Nano engines have an externally mounted water pump, unlike the 3.5 EcoBoost which has the pump driven by the timing chain.

The BRaptor has reportedly been confirmed to use a CGI block, not aluminium like the Lincoln version of the 3.0, and reportedly figures are about 400hp.
Oh, the 3.0L Hybrid is rated at 494Hp and 630 lb ft.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
That's a combined figure with the electric motor's output, the Raptors are not hybrids.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
That is the engine the Explorer PHEV uses, but its only available in Europe I do believe.

If ford did a Ranger PHEV with the 3.0 combo like the European explorer... shit ford... take my money.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I made a mistake on the output. Looks like it will be 400 Hp for the 3.0L. The NA PHEV will be with the 2.3L Eco Boost.
We will have to see if the Ranger will be offered with the 2.7L like the Bronco.

Here's some info on the 2.7L. The 3.0L is a punched out 2.7. The motor does have a IFC, but the water pump mounts into it separately.
It has direct and port injection which will wash the valves reducing carbon build up on the valves.
Ford 2.7 EcoBoost Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability, oil, F-150, Bronco (motorreviewer.com)

Attachments

Attachments