Sponsored

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Keep in mind you can move the front seats forward when you have passengers in the back seat. That seat is clearly all the way back.
This. The video is a ridiculous take bc she is pointing across at the passenger side that is all the way back to say there is no legroom, when to see it you have to look past the driverā€™s side that is forward somewhat and clearly shows legroom.
Sponsored

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
This. The video is a ridiculous take bc she is pointing across at the passenger side that is all the way back to say there is no legroom, when to see it you have to look past the driverā€™s side that is forward somewhat and clearly shows legroom.
Yes agreed. I also donā€™t understand why we are discussing legroom at this point. Tacomaā€™s donā€™t have a ton of rear legroom, never have, never will. I donā€™t believe itā€™s worse than prior generations either, just not dramatically improved. There is no new information here and far better videos that go over legroom in detail if anyone on this is concerned. For that matter ask a 4G owner on here and search previous threads.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, soon to be 2024 Tacoma
Is the lack of rear legroom like this in the other midsize trucks like the Colorado and Ranger?
I can't speak for the Colorado, but I can to the Ranger, Frontier and Maverick (admittedly a small sized truck), and all have more rear legroom than the Tacoma.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, soon to be 2024 Tacoma
Oh wow. Thatā€™s bad.
Yeah, it's bad. I plan on doing a rear seat delete anyways, I'm working with a vendor for a custom dog bed with fold out ramps for my dogs.

Aside from the occasional Ford Bronco, I literally only drive Toyotas. The fact that my wife wanted a new townie truck is the only reason I learned anything about them. We test drove Frontiers, Rangers, Ridgelines, Canyons and Mavericks. I didn't really check out the back seats of the Ridgeline and Canyons, they looked cramped.

Surprisingly, the Maverick has more usable legroom than any of the midsize trucks. And she's getting 51.9 mpg driving it around the city.

drakeisbetter

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Yeah, it's bad. I plan on doing a rear seat delete anyways, I'm working with a vendor for a custom dog bed with fold out ramps for my dogs.

Aside from the occasional Ford Bronco, I literally only drive Toyotas. The fact that my wife wanted a new townie truck is the only reason I learned anything about them. We test drove Frontiers, Rangers, Ridgelines, Canyons and Mavericks. I didn't really check out the back seats of the Ridgeline and Canyons, they looked cramped.

Surprisingly, the Maverick has more usable legroom than any of the midsize trucks. And she's getting 51.9 mpg driving it around the city.
Thanks for the info. I really like the new trd pro taco and if I end up moving to a city with sky high gas prices (like $6 a gallon) Iā€™ll have to get something more efficient than my raptor that gets 14mpgšŸ˜‚. We have a two year old and they are currently rear facingā€¦.I wonder if thereā€™s anchors in the middle seat

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Except it's not, the Tacoma Bro, who is the staple customer for these trucks, isn't hauling a family around. I cannot at any time in my life recall seeing a family getting out of a Tacoma of any generation. Toyota knows what they are doing.
[/]
yup

I mean I see all sorts of folks in Tacomas every day since theyā€™re such a solid Swiss Army knife of a vehicle but with TRD Pros/super modded up rigsā€¦. Itā€™s usually one dude by himself with maybe a dog. Thatā€™s just my own experience tho, not a proper sample set. Though something tells me that latter grouping is who the TRD pro is more marketed toward which is why Toyota doesnā€™t seem to care about the back seat issue. They spend so much on research so they mustā€™ve done the numbers and figured it made sense for that trim cus of whoā€™s more likely to purchase it.

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
Except it's not, the Tacoma Bro, who is the staple customer for these trucks, isn't hauling a family around. I cannot at any time in my life recall seeing a family getting out of a Tacoma of any generation. Toyota knows what they are doing.
Lol. That's me! No kids. Sorry, friends, this truck was made for me. The occasional back seat passenger can deal with it or walk.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Go sit in the back seat of one of these if you're able. Put the front seat into a comfortable position and see how much room you have.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
What is so wrong with just adjusting the front seats forward to accommodate the occasional guest or two in the rear seat? Seems fairly selfish of the driver or shotgun to value their comfort over othersā€™.

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I did this as 6'3 person, and it's not great. And poor compared to the competitors listed above. Just because it's always has been this way doesn't mean we should be OK with it in a new genā€”especially because it means it prob won't change for a long time.

Toyota could have done more to shrink the overall size of the front seats to give rear passengers another 1". I think that's how Ranger got more space for rear passengers. Honda Ridgeline might lead the mid-size (yeah yeah, not a truck) but makes me wonder why there's such a big disparity.

Go sit in the back seat of one of these if you're able. Put the front seat into a comfortable position and see how much room you have.

johnandri

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I am more shocked at the ā€œlate summer, early fall, if not next year waiting for these guysā€ comment! INTRODUCING, the 2025 TRD PRO!!!!!!! Lol

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
I'm not saying you can do yoga back there... I know it's a small seat, but it's disingenuous to say there is "no legroom" and point to a seat all the way back while looking across the driver's side where there is obviously room for legs.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
I'm still sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the OFFICIAL Tacoma TRD Pro Hybrid MSRP announcement.

I have an early deposit and my salesman guessed low $60's due to the extra hybrid expense.
Sponsored