• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Wax/Paint Protection

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
As I’ve stated in other posts, I’m an old fart. My knowledge of paint protection is a can of Turtle Wax paste wax. Lots of elbow grease and never really happy with the results.

I inquired of a reputable detail shop about ceramic treatment and was quoted something like $500 for my new truck.

I’m looking for an easy to use product. Open to suggestions.
Sponsored

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
I just got my order of Avalon King Armor Shield IX.
It’s a DIY ceramic coating. Seems fairly easy to use. Hardest part is getting the truck perfectly clean first.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
I just got my order of Avalon King Armor Shield IX.
It’s a DIY ceramic coating. Seems fairly easy to use. Hardest part is getting the truck perfectly clean first.
I will be interested to hear your experience. Are you going to wash and then clay bar before you do the ceramic? If I end up doing a ceramic coat, that is what I was planning. I'm still on the fence whether to do the ceramic or use some clear bra wrap.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
I used to be obsessed with detailing products but nowadays I keep it simple .. I throughly clean it then I’ll use meguiars hybrid ceramic wax every couple months and I’ll use p&s beadmaker after every wash to help with the drying and water spots

Ford Ranger Wax/Paint Protection 2BB3C3B9-FA72-408C-9877-BB3B82E78A40

Bubbabiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
I used to be obsessed with detailing products but nowadays I keep it simple .. I throughly clean it then I’ll use meguiars hybrid ceramic wax every couple months and I’ll use p&s beadmaker after every wash to help with the drying and water spots

2BB3C3B9-FA72-408C-9877-BB3B82E78A40.jpeg
How do you like the hybrid ceramic wax? Thinking of switching over from Turtle Wax Ice once depleted.

Sponsored

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
I will be interested to hear your experience. Are you going to wash and then clay bar before you do the ceramic? If I end up doing a ceramic coat, that is what I was planning. I'm still on the fence whether to do the ceramic or use some clear bra wrap.
I'm kinda' on the fence about whether to clay bar first or not. I've done it with vehicles in the past, and i know I probably should for best results. (This will be my first experience with a Ceramic product).

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
How do you like the hybrid ceramic wax? Thinking of switching over from Turtle Wax Ice once depleted.
I put it on my truck soon as I got it and it’s still hanging on 3 months later .. it’s really easy to apply and I highly recommend it .. turtle wax ice is a great product as well

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I've never been happy with Turtle Wax on a vehicle. The only product they have that I swear by is chome polish, use it on my MC and it's amazing on chrome.

One wax that I really like is Meguiars wax, I've used it for years.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took a crack at applying the Armor Shield IX today.
Not sure how good a job I did, as I only used il1 bottle, and expected it to take more. ( I didn’t do any of the inner part of the bed ).
It looks pretty slick though...

475F34A9-4380-4F06-BCF7-299DA08D8343.jpeg

A68A6BB5-5482-4647-8CB4-3D20A428E792.jpeg
The pictures certainly look good! That was just with a wash and dry before applying it? No clay bar?

I'm really curious how well that will protect against scratches - I drive brushy forest service roads and get scratches from the brush. I'm hoping something like this will help with that. I bought white because it hides scratches better, but not getting them in the first place would be ideal.

Sponsored

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
The pictures certainly look good! That was just with a wash and dry before applying it? No clay bar?

I'm really curious how well that will protect against scratches - I drive brushy forest service roads and get scratches from the brush. I'm hoping something like this will help with that. I bought white because it hides scratches better, but not getting them in the first place would be ideal.
Yep, just a quick wash (my truck barely has 100 miles on it), and a thorough dry.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Not sure how good a job I did, as I only used 1 bottle, and expected it to take more. ( I didn’t do any of the inner part of the bed ).

WOW!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how good a job I did, as I only used 1 bottle, and expected it to take more. ( I didn’t do any of the inner part of the bed ).

I'm still on the fence about doing the ceramic coating - it needs to sit for like 24 hours?

I also watched this video:

And they said it was a pain to remove. They said it was the consistency of syrup. Did you find that to be the case? How long did it take you to do the truck?

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm still on the fence about doing the ceramic coating - it needs to sit for like 24 hours?

I also watched this video:

And they said it was a pain to remove. They said it was the consistency of syrup. Did you find that to be the case? How long did it take you to do the truck?
I'd guess, around two hours (hard to be exactly sure) because I had to stop a couple times (unrelated reasons).
Not sure about the consistency, but I'd assume it's fairly thick, as I had to "shake" it out of the bottle onto the applicator.
Goes on pretty easy once it's on the applicator though.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
The hybrid ceramic is working well for me as well.
Sponsored