• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What's Ford NA doing with the 5G Ranger

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
So, the 5G Ranger was suppose to end in 2021. Does Ford continue the run in NA. Will you have a 2022, 2023 5G Ranger. I guess so, since the 6G Ranger will only run for 8 years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Fire Department
I don't understand the question. Are you asking if Ford is making a 2022 5G? Yes, they are already on the road. North America gets the 6G at some point in 2023.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
So the run of the 5G will be 2 years over its 10 year cycle. I guess I am just stating the obvious. Not sure if I have a lot of faith in the 2023 Ranger in NA. Will you actually have the 2023 Ranger on the Dealer lots or will a large % of them will be sitting in a holding lot waiting for parts. Hopefully we will not see a 2023 5G Ranger

Halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Fire Department
They have already set tentative order end dates and production end dates for 5G/2022 models to allow for the re-tooling and setup needed for the next generation and announced production will start in May 2023. Seeing that they cut off the 2021 orders earlier than originally announced in order to keep on schedule as much as possible with the 2022 production, I'm guessing Ford, like all makers, are starting to figure out the changes needed to account for the supply change shortages. This is all assuming of course that Taiwan is still a free nation and producing chips. If that ceases to be the case, we'll all have much bigger issues than model years being a year behind what they've traditionally been.
Sponsored