• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

When will Ranger get all independent suspension?

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ford has already announced that a future (ICE) F150 model will have independent rear suspension, like the Lightning and Maverick already have. I wonder when the Ranger will get all independent suspension? Any guesses?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Ford has already announced that a future (ICE) F150 model will have independent rear suspension, like the Lightning and Maverick already have. I wonder when the Ranger will get all independent suspension? Any guesses?
Maverick base configuration is FWD with solid twist beam rear suspension. Only Ecoboost AWD upgrade gets IRS. My *guess* would be new Ranger 6G platform will never get IRS.

Reactions: Doc

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Maverick base configuration is FWD with solid twist beam rear suspension. Only Ecoboost AWD upgrade gets IRS. My *guess* would be new Ranger 6G platform will never get IRS.
Totally agree - for what it's worth.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
upon further reflection on this, I'm wondering what would Ford have to gain by going IRS with an ICE F-150? They already sell +1 Million F-150s per year as-is without a major $ investment reworking the rear end + adding 1/2 shafts and more to complicate things. Why fix what aint broke?

I never saw any Ford announcement of any ICE F-150 going IRS either and I follow this kind of stuff pretty closely. Might shed some light on the thinking behind it if someone could post up this announcement. As presented by OP, it doesn't make any sense to me with an F-150 Hybrid and full BEV Lightning already in the lineup 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored