Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
this color has my dealer allocation written all over it because; its a dud when paired against the stock brass wheels. Plus it’s an addhoc special color charge; a perfect additional money grab for a smaller dealership like mine

Even blue not gonna look good with the brass. 3M wrap order coming in hot!

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I don’t mind the wheels (not the best for sure) but the white makes the 5’ bed look more ridiculous.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
It's an easy enough thing to change out, but I do feel like the wheels on the whole lineup are...eh.
100% agree. I like the Trailhunter wheel design, but would prefer them in black. The bronze wheel color looks okay on the white, underground and black with such contrast. The Bronze wheels look too close in color to Bronze Oxide though. Black wheels would look great with this white and Bronze Oxide body colors. I’d love to get the TRD-Pro wheels on the Trailhunter!

Last edited:

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
...hope you aren’t obligated to buy the mullet bed rack if you don’t want it.
It's looking like the first year this cheese sells with the truck as stock. Good news is you can bolt on the remaining kit to complete a full ARB bed rack. I might* do that for the first summer and then sell the full bed rack to another 4g tacoma owner.

Some of us want a complete enclosed topper like a GFC. Weather is hostile where I live. Not to mention I don't want people looking into the bed of my rig. Call me crazy, thieves will go after your s**t full stop.

Last edited:

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
From the sound of it, I may be the only person who LOVES the bronze wheels. Looks not so great with the white, admittedly, but with Bronze Oxide I love the look. I also see the high mount air intake as a plus, unlike many. Lastly, the bed rack doesn't bother me buuuuut I am gonna go full bed rack. My biggest concern is whether to go 5 or 6 foot bed on TH.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
It's looking like the first year this cheese sells with the truck as stock. Good news is you can bolt on the remaining kit to complete a full ARB bed rack. I might* do that for the first summer and then sell the full bed rack to another 4g tacoma owner.

Some of us want a complete enclosed topper like a GFC. Weather is hostile where I live. Not to mention I don't want people looking into the bed of my rig. Call me crazy, thieves will go after your s**t full stop.
Have you checked out the Tune M1; it's a really nice looking unit and you can sleep East/West, so it's going on my Taco 6' Off Road as soon as I find one that meets, or at least comes close, to my options.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Have you checked out the Tune M1; it's a really nice looking unit and you can sleep East/West, so it's going on my Taco 6' Off Road as soon as I find one that meets, or at least comes close, to my options.
Those are nice! Man…some really slick lightweight options coming online. I do like the wedge sleeper berths; they’ll allow better photovoltaic capture angles. I’ve been testing a 4 pack Renogy system paralleled into a Yoshino 2000 solid state power station…

2024 Tacoma White Wind Chill Pearl 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter @ Philadelphia Auto Show IMG_4207

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Those are nice! Man…some really slick lightweight options coming online. I do like the wedge sleeper berths; they’ll allow better photovoltaic capture angles. I’ve been testing a 4 pack Renogy system paralleled into a Yoshino 2000 solid state power station…

IMG_4207.jpeg
My only problem with wedge-style canopy toppers is the access (my 100 lb Pittie/Mastiff likes to sleep near me...well, on top of me, when we overland) and that it's harder to walk around/do much inside the truck bed when they're deployed. I use 3ea 200 watt folding portable panels, so instead of having to constantly reorient the truck I just move the panels to follow the sun. How do you like the Yoshino; almost got one but opted for a new Titan Boost w/2 90 amp/2500 WH batteries; yes, it weighs almost 140 pounds, but the batteries can disconnect easily and have really convenient handles, so it's pretty easy to move around. I also run my tiny house on an Ecoflow Delta Pro w/extra battery and a Hysolis 4500, so on shorter trips I can just throw the Ecoflow in and have 3600 WH. On really short trips I have 2 Delta 1300's, so they come with me and run my fridge. OK, WAY TMI! Enjoy outfitting your Taco and safe travels!

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
From the sound of it, I may be the only person who LOVES the bronze wheels. Looks not so great with the white, admittedly, but with Bronze Oxide I love the look. I also see the high mount air intake as a plus, unlike many. Lastly, the bed rack doesn't bother me buuuuut I am gonna go full bed rack. My biggest concern is whether to go 5 or 6 foot bed on TH.
If you do a lot of trails, I would advise against the 6 foot bed. That thing has a HUGE wheelbase. Exact same as the crew cab 2019 F150 we have at the shop. Longer wheel base than a Gladiator, and those things get hung up on rocks even with a 35" tire.

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
From the sound of it, I may be the only person who LOVES the bronze wheels. Looks not so great with the white, admittedly, but with Bronze Oxide I love the look…
You’re not the only one. My wife and I love the bronze wheels too. Black wheels have been done to death. They often look good, but are so common. You see them on everything nowadays, from minivans to sports cars and everything in-between. C8 Corvettes are the worst — seems like every one of them rolls on black wheels. Meh.

Agreed that white + bronze is not the best choice. Those wheels will look good against black, bronze oxide, blue crush and supersonic red (I think). But it’s easy enough to get them painted or powder-coated in any color.

Our dealer does it for a flat fee of $1500 — with lifetime warranty. So you see some crazy color combos coming out of the paint shop. Which is good. Be bold. Life is too short to be ordinary, particularly with a halo vehicle like the TH or TRD Pro.

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
If you do a lot of trails, I would advise against the 6 foot bed. That thing has a HUGE wheelbase. Exact same as the crew cab 2019 F150 we have at the shop. Longer wheel base than a Gladiator, and those things get hung up on rocks even with a 35" tire.
Thanks for the advice! 5 foot bed sounds like it may be the way to go then.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Thanks for the advice! 5 foot bed sounds like it may be the way to go then.
If the wheelbase was the same as the 3rd gen, I’d go the 6 foot route but since it’s 4” longer now there’s just no way.
Sponsored