Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
How do you like the Yoshino; almost got one but opted for a new Titan Boost w/2 90 amp/2500 WH batteries; yes, it weighs almost 140 pounds, but the batteries can disconnect easily and have really convenient handles, so it's pretty easy to move around. I also run my tiny house on an Ecoflow Delta Pro w/extra battery and a Hysolis 4500, so on shorter trips I can just throw the Ecoflow in and have 3600 WH. OK, WAY TMI! Enjoy outfitting your Taco and safe travels!
The Yoshino is great so far, have about 20 cycles on it testing random stuff around the house. Super light for the KWh. The voltage regulator maxes out at 60V DC across their line so you need to get creative with wiring if you're using third party panels. Now that I think about the V DC max input, makes perfect sense in terms of safety. 4 of those Renogys in a series were reading 98 volts before down stepping into 2x2 sets paralleled x series.

Safe Travels!
Sponsored

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
The Yoshino is great so far, have about 20 cycles on it testing random stuff around the house. Super light for the KWh. The voltage regulator maxes out at 60V DC across their line so you need to get creative with wiring if you're using third party panels. Now that I think about the V DC max input, makes perfect sense in terms of safety. 4 of those Renogys in a series were reading 98 volts before down stepping into 2x2 sets paralleled x series.

Safe Travels!
Glad that it's working well for you, and I assume those Renogy's are 150 watt panels, since the Yoshino only allows 600 watts max solar input, but it's pretty rare to get 100% from panels, so maybe 160 or 170's. I should have picked one up when they were on sale for $1300 off; maybe next year! Happy Trails!

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Glad that it's working well for you, and I assume those Renogy's are 150 watt panels, since the Yoshino only allows 600 watts max solar input, but it's pretty rare to get 100% from panels, so maybe 160 or 170's. I should have picked one up when they were on sale for $1300 off; maybe next year! Happy Trails!
The Renogys I’m using are 100w per panel; their open circuit voltage is high tho, the max config I can get with the thin film units & the Yoshino is 400w, and I’ll gladly take it. I need the panels permanently fixed given how I travel most of the time. That said, If you get these Renogy Black Divisions positioned at the correct angle, you can really pull at spec capacity. 395/400w on a 10 deg Arctic blast the other day! ❄

with the iForceMax power it produces, your solar kit will be a nice compliment to an otherwise beast mode power bank when that engine runs. Remains to be seen how much 12v power you have at your disposal when the TH is off, so when I discovered I can get a solid state battery power station that’s 400w shy of the iForce hybrid pack under the back seat + the Yoshino accepts solar input + the unit weighs 30lbs (voltage regular et al built into a single package) and slides into the back seat floor…no brainer. Built up the system with some Black Friday deals for just over $1,800. There are cheaper power stations but few have SST & GAN chips. The risk of fire & thermal runaway dramatically reduced when you eliminate the liquid electrolyte

2024 Tacoma White Wind Chill Pearl 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter @ Philadelphia Auto Show IMG_4263

Last edited:

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Renogys I’m using are 100w per panel; their open circuit voltage is high tho, the max config I can get with the thin film units & the Yoshino is 400w, and I’ll gladly take it. I need the panels permanently fixed given how I travel most of the time. That said, If you get these Renogy Black Divisions positioned at the correct angle, you can really pull at spec capacity. 395/400w on a 10 deg Arctic blast the other day! ❄

with the iForceMax power it produces, your solar kit will be a nice compliment to an otherwise beast mode power bank when that engine runs. Remains to be seen how much 12v power you have at your disposal when the TH is off, so when I discovered I can get a solid state battery power station that’s 400w shy of the iForce hybrid pack under the back seat + the Yoshino accepts solar input + the unit weighs 30lbs (voltage regular et al built into a single package) and slides into the back seat floor…no brainer. Built up the system with some Black Friday deals for just over $1,800. There are cheaper power stations but few have SST & GAN chips. The risk of fire & thermal runaway dramatically reduced when you eliminate the liquid electrolyte

IMG_4263.png
Wow, that's impressive, and you can't beat the weight of the Yoshino! I would prefer the IForce Max, but my dog needs all the room in the back seat area as possible (I'm going to delete the rear seats and build a platform for him), and I'm not sure that it'll be worth the (probably) extra $3000, which will go towards the Tune M1. I've pulled 1485 watts with my 10 160 watt Rich Solar panels, so not too shabby.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Wow, that's impressive, and you can't beat the weight of the Yoshino! I would prefer the IForce Max, but my dog needs all the room in the back seat area as possible (I'm going to delete the rear seats and build a platform for him), and I'm not sure that it'll be worth the (probably) extra $3000, which will go towards the Tune M1. I've pulled 1485 watts with my 10 160 watt Rich Solar panels, so not too shabby.
We have a great dane rescue, but he doesn’t travel well anymore. Prefers the park a mile away, and the couch. The wife needs to get a new Sequoia we want to foster & rescue another big dog. He can fit in the wife's infiniti backseat, and I know if push came to shove he would fit in the new taco, but ya, would need to delete the seats for him

2024 Tacoma White Wind Chill Pearl 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter @ Philadelphia Auto Show IMG_3659

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a good boy!!! Sorry that he's no longer able to travel, and you're good people for fostering/adopting big dogs, and I've only ever "parented" big dogs (I'm 5'4", 135 lbs, and 70 years old, but can still lift Scooby into The Hulk; I'm a retired personal trainer and Spinning instructor, so all that training and working out has kept me fit). Have fun with your Taco and Sequoia; sounds like you're Toyota loyalists! Last Toyota I had was an '89 4Runner, and loved it!

Oops, forgot to send this as a reply, so hope you get it! I might be fit, but my mind wanders sometimes!

2024 Tacoma White Wind Chill Pearl 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter @ Philadelphia Auto Show IMG_0247

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have a great dane rescue, but he doesn’t travel well anymore. Prefers the park a mile away, and the couch. The wife needs to get a new Sequoia we want to foster & rescue another big dog. He can fit in the wife's infiniti backseat, and I know if push came to shove he would fit in the new taco, but ya, would need to delete the seats for him

IMG_3659.jpeg
Just noticed that you're in CO, and I lived there from '89 to '21 when I retired from the gym in Woodland Park. Lived in Florissant at 9200', and the winters were just getting to be too much for me! Hope you see the above!
Sponsored