• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
We will see if the Ranger turns into a cluster fck like the Bronco.

It's frustrating but don't know what Ford could do any different. Ford is just as disgusted and frustrated with supply chain issues as Ford customers.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 OBS 7.3, 06 TJ
We will see if the Ranger turns into a cluster fck like the Bronco.

Oh man that's insane!! My dad is trading his current truck in for a Ranger - wants to downsize. Anyway he happened to mention his dealership has a BUNCH of brand new 150's on the lot they can't sell because of a fuel tank recall. But the funny part is the parts to fix it are unobtanium... how insane.

I have been wanting a new truck really bad. But been very conflicted with the current Ranger given the whole alternator situation - which honestly could be a deal breaker for me https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/concerns-with-the-alternator-mounting-location.18403/page-3 . Added with the global climate, the whole situation makes it SUPER hard to justify buying any new truck. My 25 yr old truck isn't what I want, but dang it it runs and parts can be found..... Sadly I dont force this whole situation changing for the better anytime soon.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Oh man that's insane!! My dad is trading his current truck in for a Ranger - wants to downsize. Anyway he happened to mention his dealership has a BUNCH of brand new 150's on the lot they can't sell because of a fuel tank recall. But the funny part is the parts to fix it are unobtanium... how insane.

I have been wanting a new truck really bad. But been very conflicted with the current Ranger given the whole alternator situation - which honestly could be a deal breaker for me https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/concerns-with-the-alternator-mounting-location.18403/page-3 . Added with the global climate, the whole situation makes it SUPER hard to justify buying any new truck. My 25 yr old truck isn't what I want, but dang it it runs and parts can be found..... Sadly I dont force this whole situation changing for the better anytime soon.
My same situation and feelings. I know the alternator is a bit low. It could be worse and be right on the bottom of the motor where the power steering pump is. What smart owners are doing is having an extra alternator on hand while off roading. . The 2.7 and 3 L alternator will also be mounted in a similar position. Not a deal breaker for me. The main thing is to do your water crossing slowly. Speed will force the water level up higher and more forcefully.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 OBS 7.3, 06 TJ
My same situation and feelings. I know the alternator is a bit low. It could be worse and be right on the bottom of the motor where the power steering pump is. What smart owners are doing is having an extra alternator on hand while off roading. . The 2.7 and 3 L alternator will also be mounted in a similar position. Not a deal breaker for me. The main thing is to do your water crossing slowly. Speed will force the water level up higher and more forcefully.
Yeah. Man that's tough though. The primary reason (for me) for a Ranger is to get away from always working on things, or carrying around spare parts in preparation of a potential failure. Aging body parts make the idea of a trail repair of a known poor design very unappealing and a huge turnoff. Kinda the reason I want to sell my current truck. Honestly has me thinking of considering a Gladiator instead although it doesn't really meet the daily objectives as a Ranger does. I sure do like the Ranger though. Hoping we might get some better information about the new release before ordering the current is no longer an option.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I see the security system on the 2019 and up F150 is being breached. The trucks are being stolen.

Pop O

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT, Edge
Occupation
Retired
I was going to buy a new Ranger, but found out the backseat doesn't fold flat . Also, from what I've read, the '2023 will be slightly larger so I'm hoping Ford made better use of the rear area. And, the grill looks more like a Ford than current one...imo.

Pop O

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT, Edge
Occupation
Retired
I'm hoping they do improve it. A split seat like in the F150 would be great!
Both the Chevy and Tacoma provide a flat useable space. Need that for the dog!

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
I see the alternator is even lower on the 3.0 L and I am also not happy the rear seat is not split.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Lots of people use their ranger and bronco off-roading and the failure rate seems minimal. I think the issue is getting blown out of proportion.

Sponsored

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
Agreed, I'm baffled that they are not doing a split folding rear seat like in the F150 and F250/350.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Lots of people use their ranger and bronco off-roading and the failure rate seems minimal. I think the issue is getting blown out of proportion.
The 2.3L Alternator is mid motor. Less issues.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
We put our two ~60lb dogs (three when we had them) in the back seat of our current gen (2019) Ranger without issue....
Nothing is perfect, always have to compromise on something and adapt.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I see the security system on the 2019 and up F150 is being breached. The trucks are being stolen.
And what vehicles aren't? That's not isolated to just Ford and the F150.
Couldn't agree more. If you go by what a forum projects, the Ranger has waaayyyy too many issues. Gas in the oil, bad alternator, hunting transmission, spongy brakes, bouncing shocks, blank screens....
The list goes on. I guess I got lucky and got the only one that doesn't have issues. :clap:

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
The reason I've been waiting is because of what happened in the past two days. The next gen Ranger Raptor is the truck I've been wanting Ford to build ever since they announced the Ranger was coming back five or six years ago. And now that it's been confirmed that we will actually be allowed to buy one I can't wait. :rockon:
Sponsored