• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

XXL 6G Ranger?

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
That doesn't look bad. To me, some of the midsize crew cabs with the longer bed look out of proportion.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing. It seems like it may be infringing on the F-150 and Ford won’t let that happen. It would be a great alternative though.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
That looks awesome - lets hope it is real....

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
As much I would like to believe the part about a longer cab, I think it's prohibitively expensive to build another version. The LWB would be sweet.

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
As much I would like to believe the part about a longer cab, I think it's prohibitively expensive to build another version. The LWB would be sweet.
On item that might (or might not) make it more feasible is the statement about it being a "heavy duty" version of the Ranger with additional towing capacity, more ground clearance and beefier suspension.

Time will tell, but this would be a win for the US market if it actually happens....

TheShark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
I wonder for the US if Ford might think this is encroaching on F150 territory.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I wonder for the US if Ford might think this is encroaching on F150 territory.
That's my guess and they positively will not mess with F-150 sales

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Just found this Australian site with some interesting content… Maybe just click bait with misinformation, but the photo/rendering looks amazing nonetheless! Perfect midsize proportions to my eyes. And yes I’m one of those guys hopeful of a SuperCrew/longbed configuration for the next ‘24 6G Ranger for the NA market.
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-ranger-xxl-spotted-in-australia-88643
Those roof racks and bed rails are really annoying :) and the variations of models available in Australia really muddy the waters of what to expect in US. I am headed to the autos how in Chicago next month and am assuming that since Ford had the Raptor in Dearborn, it will probably be there but it is definitely a 2023 5th Gen when you compare it to the 2024 AU models. We'll see if there is any new information available then - not holding my breath. It is surely too much to ask for a 6Gen SC with a V-6 option and seems mersonary to drive the 2024 Raptor sales by making it the only way to get the 6.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I hope they're smart enough to not have the Raptor as the only v-6 option and offer it as standard or as an option on like the Wildtrak. I could also see it as an option on a Ranger Tremor (if the G6 gets one) or XLT variant with a heavier duty towing package.

The Wildtrak Bronco is essentially a Raptor-lite, with the addition of Hoss 3.0 package (Fox shocks, heavier duty steering rack & tie-rods).

Time will tell, but after the Bronco mess, I don't think they're going to have as many models or options just for commodities sake.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
CarsGuide are notorious for spreading baseless rumours, and the bit about the longer cab is exactly that. We have seen long wheel base models driving around in testing (super cab bed with a crew cab body) here in Melbourne months ago. These appeared to be US market prototypes, with s few differences to the RoW model.

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
CarsGuide are notorious for spreading baseless rumours, and the bit about the longer cab is exactly that. We have seen long wheel base models driving around in testing (super cab bed with a crew cab body) here in Melbourne months ago. These appeared to be US market prototypes, with s few differences to the RoW model.
Yeah, I even stated that disclaimer (about the source) when I started this thread. The thing that has my attention is mainly the SuperCrew cab with the longer 6’ box. It seems to me with the GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado no longer being offered with any 6’ bed configuration, Ford would scoop up a good bit of market share right off the bat if they offer this extended wheelbase version.

While there is talk about a “larger” Ranger eating into F-150 sales, there are people like me who need a SuperCrew but want to downsize from the F-150 but don’t want a smaller bed.

Having a midsize SuperCrew/longbed on an extended wheelbase is the answer. Based on the numbers of the current 5G Ranger (length 210.8”, WB 126.8”) the Ranger would still be a good bit smaller than a standard F-150 SuperCrew w/ 5.5’ bed (length 231.7”, WB 145.4”) even if extending the WB 12” to accommodate a 6’ bed. In theory a SuperCrew/Longbed Ranger would be approximately 223” long with a 139” WB

Smaller truck (~9” shorter than F-150) with a longer bed and less competition in the midsize market sounds like a winner to me. Just saying.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Yeah, I even stated that disclaimer (about the source) when I started this thread. The thing that has my attention is mainly the SuperCrew cab with the longer 6’ box. It seems to me with the GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado no longer being offered with any 6’ bed configuration, Ford would scoop up a good bit of market share right off the bat if they offer this extended wheelbase version.
Well I've seen it with my own two eyes, and I can tell you that my best educated guess is that the US is getting it, and Australia is not. I'm sure it'll work well in the US.

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Well I've seen it with my own two eyes, and I can tell you that my best educated guess is that the US is getting it, and Australia is not. I'm sure it'll work well in the US.
Thanks for the reply and I hope you are right. I’m sure it would sell well in Australia too. (probably better than an F-150 for a multitude of reasons.)
Sponsored