Sponsored

Search results

  1. Our Ranger 6Gs are pretty simple for modern vehicles

    2.7 was built stout. It's also been well proven, it should make it to 300k, easily. Whether the rest of the vehicle will or not remains to be seen...
  2. Thermal Camera system installed... pretty cool gadget to avoid / notice wildlife

    I've always thought something like this that could tie in to a HUD to highlight hazards on the windshield would be cool. But I'm going to look into the system you have because deer and elk are a constant hazard on my commute
  3. The Most Worthwhile Vehicle Accessory You Should Buy

    Tools to do all the work on my vehicle myself. Pays for itself just saving one trip into a shop. Plus, the work then gets done right!
  4. We’re Back! Win 1 of 3 Amber DRL Kits 🔥

    100%, you have a given truck aesthetic design and then an out of place black box that just stands out as not belonging there. It's like a prototype that still needs to be finished for the final product. Or it reminds me of someone who has wrecked their face with every piercing imaginable
  5. We’re Back! Win 1 of 3 Amber DRL Kits 🔥

    1. I wanted the 2.7 for it's power/reliability/tunability but I didn't want a full sized truck. I prefer the ranger for its size vs the F150 so it's capable of tighter forest trails, but still fully capable of towing anything I plan on. 2. Configurable mirrors with built in options for rock...
  6. Powertrain maintenance - anyone had it done yet?

    You can also get an extended transmission dipstick on eBay. They are listed as being for the F150 but all reports I've seen say they work for any of the 10 speeds. I say extended because the transmission technically contains one, it's just not accessible from the engine bay. I'd stay away...
  7. Should I be concerned about 1 winter of salted/brine roads?

    One year shouldn't have caused significant rust. Just wash it really well and maybe follow that with a rust converter like corroseal if there's any cosmetic rust. Fluid film won't do any good since the salt will have already made contact, and you won't be exposing it to any more salt. You'll...
  8. XLT beats all other options...!!!!

    Coming from a 4runner with full time 4wd standard, it's always confused me why Ford makes this so difficult to get. Something else that I intend to add after warranty...
  9. XLT beats all other options...!!!!

    Have an xlt 2.7 with tow (but not advanced tow, don't need it), fx4, 301 high group, and convenience package. Kinda wishing I'd have just gotten a base lariat 2.7 instead. I originally thought fx4 was important to have, but the reality is that I don't need the drive modes, the suspension...
  10. How do you decorate your Ford Ranger? Post photos & show off your builds

    Mines going to get wrapped. Factory colors suck... (Edit, shelter green is a good color, but not available on an xlt and I didn't want a raptor)
  11. Windshield is there no molding/gasket

    The urethane adhesive used to install windshields is going to be much more leak tight than any trim/seal. But if you prefer the trimmed-out look, it shouldn't be too hard to find a suitable roll of automotive trim.
  12. Interior mods for your 6G Ranger? Post links

    First and only interior mod: seat covers. Don't remember the brand but they are doing the job. To come: ceramic tint (soon). Center console cover and possibly an extension for better elbow placement. Rear ac vents, one way or another. Possibly add some blowers for seat ventilation...
  13. Interior mods for your 6G Ranger? Post links

    Not necessarily color matching, but I found some anodized aluminum covers on Amazon for about $30. Haven't purchased yet, so I can't speak to quality.
  14. Sport Mode - What have I been missing?

    It's great when there's multiple lanes and traffic worth trying to pass. A bit much for my typical commute, though. The way it hangs onto lower gears for so long, once up to speed, gets a little old.
  15. Opening up hood vents to vent heat

    The XLTs have it worse. The side vents don't allow for much low speed/idling convection. Burned my hand after just a couple minutes of idling... I've contemplated adding my own hood vents, maybe putting a scoop over them to keep water from falling in. The scoop would then be open in the back...
  16. Recall 26S61 / 26V548000 - Improperly manufactured engine pistons may fail and cause engine failure (Ranger 2.3L)

    Based on the affected vehicles, I am guessing this is specific to the 2.3. didn't say in the article unless I missed it.
  17. Gas mileage

    How much taller than the cab are those bikes? That can suck a lot more mpg than you would think.
  18. [Michelin Mats GIVEAWAY]: Who's got the highest mileage here? Show us your dash!

    Good to know but I was actually responding to user Orangebuds with nearly ten times your mileage, haha. Is it wrong to wonder if they actually have a 6th gen ranger? (No offense intended if it's legit, Orangebuds)



Top