Sponsored

Search results

  1. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    It was the 3.0 V6. Approx 6 weeks from new and 3,000km.
  2. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Extended warranty? I’d buy a Toyota.
  3. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Sorry to hear. It’s quite amazing that Ford does not care enough about their customers to change this. Do they not sell enough units to justify a manufacture adjustment by now?
  4. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    That sounds exactly like what mine had. The fix done on mine was to remove the engine. Take the front off the engine to access the cam phaser and replace the dodgy one. I opted for a refund. My car was only 6 weeks old.
  5. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Yeah mine was the same as that. The pressure was super low then raises when you put your foot on the gas.
  6. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    I’m in Australia, it may be different for you? Assuming you’re in the US or UK if talking miles? I went through my dealer and said I wasn’t satisfied that such a high performance vehicle was having the engine removed and such an invasive repair happening at such an early stage. I also got in...
  7. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Back to Toyota - the reliability seem to be second to none.
  8. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Handed the keys back to Ford. Full refund on the car. Such a shame on what should be a great car. I cannot afford the unreliability.
  9. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    After two weeks got the car back today. Turns out they did have to take the engine out of the car. VCT replaced. Variable camshaft. Brand new car, only 6 weeks old. I feel this is totally unacceptable, such a major repair on a new car. So many parts being removed and put back together. now...
  10. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Latest update, Ford service have come back and said there is a major fault somewhere in the engine and the engine needs to come out of the car for further testing. As the car is brand new I believe seeking a refund on the vehicle is warranted. When you invest in such a high performance...
  11. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Thank you for the insight. Your comments certainly provide some reassurance. thanks mate.
  12. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Update: Ford said it is apparently a 'variable solenoid' fault. A computer reprogram did nothing so the car is in for a few weeks to get fix. That's disappointing on a brand-new car.
  13. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    The noise only happens for less than 2 seconds. that's really interesting thank you. Same scenario, the noise does not occur after the engine is the slightest bit warm. only cold start up.
  14. Horrible noise on cold start up of Ranger Raptor?

    Has anyone come across their new gen Ranger Raptor making a terrible noise on first start up of the day? It almost sounds like my old diesel without enough oil in it. It is going into ford next week for a diagnosis, but it would be good to know if this has happened elsewhere and what the...



Top