That full fresh water tank clear on the back of a Casita takes 140 lbs off your tongue weight. If you have the optional tank then you're talking 220 lbs off. That can really make a difference in how it tows. I usually only carry a few gallons in ours for the occasional pit stop. I do not use a...
I have a 2024 Lariat and am about to install a Mighty Mule (tractor Supply) automatic gate opener on my gate. My Ford owners manual says my truck's HomeLink works on gate openers. HOWEVER, it also states that radio-frequency laws require transmitter signals to timeout after a few seconds which...
On a 5,000 mile trip from Virginia to west Texas (Big Bend NP) towing our 17' Casita (2,400# dry) my '24 Lariat 4X2 with the 2.3 averaged 16.1mpg in Tow mode. That was hand calculated. I generally kept it between 60 and 65mph for safety and economy concerns. Besides we're retired so what's the...
I left my truck outside (usually in the garage) during a good rain. Next morning I noticed a few drops of water on the drivers door sill. I did not check the other doors. I assumed this got past the window rubber and drained out the bottom like most cars are engineered to do.
Same here. I have a 17' Casita TT and tried numerous times to get it clalibrated. Tried during day, triple checked the stickers, tongue is level, deleted/reinstalled, etc. Just gave up. I've been towing it for 21 years with other vehicles just fine though so I really don't need this high tech...
AAA performed a pretty good simulated 4,000 mile test using Tier 1 and non Tier gasolines. The results: "Top Tier fuels left engines much cleaner. On average, non-Top Tier fuels left 660 milligrams of deposits on each intake, compared to an average of just 34 milligrams for Top Tier fuels...
Robert,
Welcome to both the Ranger and Casita family. I have a '24 Ranger Lariat with the 2.3 and a 2005 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe which we picked up at the Casita factory. We've towed it with three different vehicles: a 2001 F150 with the 4.6 V8, a VW Touareg with a 3.6 V6 and the Ranger. The...
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/oil-change-vacuum-extraction-2-3.15528/
It will not work because of the design of the sump. It does work on the 3.0 however.
Dino,I have yet to bring my '24 Lariat into the dealer for servicing for the same reasons. I have completed two oil changes making sure the oil met Ford's spec and used a Motorcraft filter. I documented it in my FordApp and kept receipts. On previous new cars of mine I did bring them in because...
I am absolutely scratching my head over this one. On a pretrip engine check over, I was flabbergasted to discover my coolant reservoir cap was missing. I am at 9,500 miles with two oil changes (I performed). I am 99% sure I never touched the cap. I don't even have Ford coolant (VW only)and...
You'll be impressed in how well it does pulling a Casita. In some areas of Texas we hit 40mph headwinds and sidewinds. While I certainly don't like towing in that sort of weather, the truck was unfazed except to downshift to 8th gear (Tow mode normally locks out 10th, so usually cruise in 9th)...
Boy, you have no excuse for not going. Corpus Christi is a lot closer to Big Bend than central Virginia:D.We visited Terlingua which certainly had a long mining history.
Just finished a 4500 mile road trip to Texas towing our 17' (3000# wet) Casita trailer. Pic is outside of Big Bend National Park, Texas. Truck doesn't look the greatest wearing about 3000 miles of road grime. The Ranger pulled like a champ. Computer MPG of 19.1., hand calculated 18.5. That beats...
No, I haven't while pulling our small (3000#) travel trailer. Though that was just a short 80 mile trip with small rolling hills to test things out before our Virginia to Texas trip coming up. Interesting to hear other replies so I will be informed if I encounter this on our Texas trip.
Yea, I'm hoping someone else has tried it successfully and explained why it was. The oil pan is oddly shaped with a lower half at the back side where the drain plug is. I think the end of the tube is hitting the "upper" half and won't/can't make the corner to continue to the bottom part if that...
Thought I'd try the vacuum extraction method on my first oil change in my Lariat 4X2 2.3lt. I use this with great success with my VW Tiguan. It sucks out all but 2 oz. of oil! Unfortunately with the 2.3 lt engine at least, something prevents the tube (I tried two different sizes) from reaching...
I too installed the Aeroskin II with the hump on my '24 Lariat. While it's only been on there for a little over a month, I've had one, yes one bug splatter on my windshield and that was almost at the roof line. Is this due to the "hump" changing the aerodynamics so bugs flie (pun intended) over...
Yes, LEDs are fine with the truck. I too had a tow vehicle that indicated a trailer lamp was out if it was an LED (not enough current draw) therefore I never changed my trailer lights to better, brighter LEDs. I will now.