• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Added the Wolf Haus power (and lighting) to the bed

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Not the biggest mod in the world but so crazy that a Ranger owner saw a need and created his own company to fill that for the rest of us. I had no idea how easy it was to add power to the bed with the connector that Ford had already built in right behind the LR tire. Literally less than a 5-minute job!

We have lots of charging needs for our bikes, from helmets to lights, and our back seat was always a mess. Ordered the standard 12V cig lighter option ($60) and moved everything to a small bin that sits right in front of my bed extender. No more cluttered back seat.

I also wanted bed lighting so I tapped into the hot wire on the Wolf Haus unit and added a decent enough set from WM for about $25. They looked great. For an hour. Unfortunately, the sticky pads don't stick to the spray-on bed liner too well so I'll be putting some wire supports in tomorrow.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Any Pics

dcpaint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Checking out the install video, looks like it's a straightforward way to get clean power to the bed. Sold out when I checked today, but I suspect after he gets back from vacation at the end of September, he'll make more.

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
And, I just realized I posted this on the wrong forum, being that I have a 5G Ranger. I spend more time here than the old forum so I just wasn't using all my senses, obviously. I'll still post pics for those interested but my apologies for anyone who was wondering why this was here!

Sponsored

TDPD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4runner - '24 RR on order
I also wanted bed lighting so I tapped into the hot wire on the Wolf Haus unit and added a decent enough set from WM for about $25. They looked great. For an hour. Unfortunately, the sticky pads don't stick to the spray-on bed liner too well so I'll be putting some wire supports in tomorrow.
Not sure if this is helpful as I have not used them personally but for some of the bed liners, like Bedrug, that are meant to be able to go over a sprayed bed they recommend using adhesion promoter to get the tape to adhere to the rough surface.

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
12V outlet, mounted to driver's side of bed.

Ford Ranger Added the Wolf Haus power (and lighting) to the bed 20230828_103231

Connector located behind left rear tire. Wire coming into it is from 12V adapter and simply drops through hole in bed.
Ford Ranger Added the Wolf Haus power (and lighting) to the bed 20230828_103454

On-off switch for under-bed lights.
Ford Ranger Added the Wolf Haus power (and lighting) to the bed 20230828_103255

Bucket with helmets and lights, charged and ready for next ride.
Ford Ranger Added the Wolf Haus power (and lighting) to the bed 20230828_103557

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if this is helpful as I have not used them personally but for some of the bed liners, like Bedrug, that are meant to be able to go over a sprayed bed they recommend using adhesion promoter to get the tape to adhere to the rough surface.
Never heard of it. I'll check it out. Might be easier than laying on my back and putting 16 screws in!!!

Thanks!
Sponsored