CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
ORIGINAL POST:

Just took a premium out for a test drive and it feels much bigger than my 2001 4Runner and higher than my 2007 Sequoia. Working on numbers now, will report back later with more info the digital mirror makes me dizzy glancing at it from the road.

UPDATE!

Purchased the Off Road premium this evening. The seats look and feel great with plenty of support. The lane assist is amazing, not sure how much I will use it. It carved through the canyon on the way home. Need to read the manual to figure out how to use adaptive cruise control which will come in handy for my commute. The engine seems to have plenty of power for driving around town, haven’t beat on it yet, I’m pretty sure the salesperson did when he went to get gas.

I will take lots of pictures tomorrow and post some video. The one disappointment is the way the gas door is designed as it should have need a push to open and it’s not a locking door. The Apple CarPlay with Waze was really nice on the way home and the sound system sounds pretty good so far and I haven’t adjusted the tone or fader yet. The shocks look cool under the car. I haven’t dug through all the cubbies yet to see if it came with the deck rail accessories I think it is supposed to have.

Ended up paying just under $500 under MSRP and the only option is the premium package.

It’s nice that the Tacoma script on the sides is black as I was under the impression that they would be chrome. I need to get the black emblem for the front and I was going to get the black fill for the tailgate and may not as it looks nice with the deep letters. The area around the rear window looks like it’s unfinished while the interior at least in the dark feels and looks great other than the steering wheel. The heated steering wheel gets really hot fast more info and pictures tomorrow.

72921615939__C94C6857-7954-463F-828F-8976EEC27C7E.jpg

More reviews after driving the truck around town. To start, this is my first Tacoma and I previously had a 2001 4Runner and a new 1986 Toyota 4x4 back in the day so i can't compare anything to the older Tacoma.

The 10 speaker JBL stereo is horrible in my opinion, not much base and sounds really cheap. I haven't tried to use the portable speaker yet, I agree with those that have said it sounds like it's not even there when plugged in. I was surprised that the OR doesn't come with the front air dam so I am wondering there's really a noticeable difference. The adaptive cruise control with lane centering is kind of neat, not sure how often I will use the lane centering part of that. It does feel weird when it steers the wheel and it's not too hard to take over when it goes off course, I wouldn't use it when the roadway is narrow and there are parked cars. The cubby hole hole on the side of the drivers dash in the door sill with the Morse code is probably only good for a tin of mints or your chew.

The LED head lights last night were good, they project a solid line on the top which feels a little lower than it should yet they do light up the road quite well. The auto high beams goes on and off more often than it should and will probably attract the attention of law enforcement so it may not be a good idea to use it around town. When you activate the door lights for outside, there's two small ones up on either side of the third break light, a couple in the bed and one integrated into the rear tailgate latch that looks like it points down to the ground that should be helpful at night.

The heated seats and steering wheel work great and are almost too hot to leave on high full time and the ventilated seats are a little noisy and seem to go on and off at least when i had it on and the car wasn't running. The driver's mirror does present a small forward blind spot and the mirrors only slightly manually fold in. The radio tuning could use a knob and I'm still trying to get my Apple Music subscription ported over to the car while SM and Apple car play work great, especially when using Waze for navigation.

The area just under the rear window looks unfinished as well as the rocker area under the doors. The composite materials for the front is plastic and most likely will not stop anything forced into it. There's a small Toyota Trucks with mountain background Easter egg in the passenger side lower portion of the windshield. There's a bright yellow sticker in the door jam stating Caution: Load Carrying Capacity Reduced, Modifications to this vehicle have reduced the original load carrying capacity by 1kg or 2 lbs which is funny and makes me wonder if this one thing could have been what was holding up the release of these trucks.

My premium OR came with locking lug nuts, first aid kit, decent carpeted floor mats, trailer hitch pin and two accessory pigtails. Oddly enough, there looks to be two different hole depths for the trailer hitch pin.

I'm 6'1" and my daughter was able to sit behind me for a short drive yesterday, I wouldn't want to sit back there for an extended ride. There's at least an inch of head room and I suppose I can still lower my seat a litttle more. I actualy have to hop up into it which isn't bad, it may be a good climb for shorter person.

The front seats are very comfortable and the Softex seating surface is not that bad and does have a nice pattern. There are several speakers and microphones in the interior roof. The two hood latch locations don't seem to make much of a big difference and the hood is a little heavier than I expected and I really had to slam it to close.

The small rear window is probably not necessary and I don't think I will use it as much as i use the full rear window in my Sequioa or did in my 4Runner. The center console has a thin carpted piece in there and you can feel the non-flat surface under there that should have been designed flat or solid. The plastic surfaces on the doors do have some softer and gripeier materials in some spots and look okay for me.

There is very little road noise so far, I have yet to take it on the freeway so time will tell. The full tank is telling me i am only going to get around 270 miles, I sure hope it's a little more than that.

In my first 20 or so miles, I am really happy with everything with the exception of the radio.

IMG_4652.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4670.jpeg

IMG_4678.jpeg

IMG_4679.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4732.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4746.jpeg

IMG_4757.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4781.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_4807.jpeg

IMG_4811.jpeg

IMG_4816.jpeg

IMG_4821.jpeg

Some More pictures...

IMG_4650.jpeg

IMG_4654.jpeg

IMG_4659.jpeg

IMG_4661.jpeg

IMG_4664.jpeg

IMG_4665.jpeg

IMG_4684.jpeg

IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4686.jpeg

IMG_4688.jpeg

IMG_4729.jpeg

IMG_4730.jpeg

IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4732.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4739.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

IMG_4741.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4745.jpeg

IMG_4746.jpeg

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

IMG_4761.jpeg

IMG_4762.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

IMG_4785.jpeg

IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4790.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

IMG_4809.jpeg

IMG_4812.jpeg

IMG_4813.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The silver is a little darker than I expected. Seat is comfortable and plenty of room for me at 6’1”. The steering wheel doesn’t feel like leather and more like a cheap material that will take a bit to get used to. Visibility with the standard mirror our the back is not too good. Felt a slight turbo lag of the line and wasn’t even getting on it. This would be my first turbo as I’m accustomed to driving a supercharged car with 650hp. Plastic still on seats so can’t feel them yet. It has black Tacoma emblems on the side which I didn’t expect or have that option. The bed cam is nice!

Holdntight

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Every time I see a silver OR I think that's the one. I think silver is just one of those colors that really darkens when not in direct sunlight.

Working on numbers now, does that mean you're getting it? If so congrats!

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
I think this is the first one I’ve seen without some sort of running board or step bolted on.

And I agree, the silver color looks good every time I see it.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every time I see a silver OR I think that's the one. I think silver is just one of those colors that really darkens when not in direct sunlight.

Working on numbers now, does that mean you're getting it? If so congrats!
It’s in my driveway now after two hours at the dealership. Pretty happy with it so far. Can’t wait to see the color in the daylight tomorrow, definitely darker than my two Chevrolets that are silver.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchased the Off Road premium this evening. The seats look and feel great with plenty of support. The lane assist is amazing, not sure how much I will use it. It carved through the canyon on the way home. Need to read the manual to figure out how to use adaptive cruise control which will come in handy for my commute. The engine seems to have plenty of power for driving around town, haven’t beat on it yet, I’m pretty sure the salesperson did when he went to get gas.

I will take lots of pictures tomorrow and post some video. The one disappointment is the way the gas door is designed as it should have need a push to open and it’s not a locking door. The Apple CarPlay with Waze was really nice on the way home and the sound system sounds pretty good so far and I haven’t adjusted the tone or fader yet. The shocks look cool under the car. I haven’t dug through all the cubbies yet to see if it came with the deck rail accessories I think it is supposed to have.

Ended up paying just under $500 under MSRP and the only option is the premium package.

It’s nice that the Tacoma script on the sides is black as I was under the impression that they would be chrome. I need to get the black emblem for the front and I was going to get the black fill for the tailgate and may not as it looks nice with the deep letters. The area around the rear window looks like it’s unfinished while the interior at least in the dark feels and looks great other than the steering wheel. The heated steering wheel gets really hot fast more info and pictures tomorrow.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bad, I meant MSRP. Tired after the ordeal. You know how they try to break you down.

Kirschcod69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra 12
Nice, always loved the metallic silver. You have to be one of the first in CA! Congrats!

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Great choice congrats! Post up some pics and video when you get a chance... the rest of us need these threads to keep us going lol.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
Nice!! I get mine mid next week