• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Love it, guns on the wall and off road trucks in the garage. I am just amazed that you felt the urge to change tires before you even took delivery.
Thanks!
I had seen enough pics of that +55 rim and 285 tire to know how it looks and that it looked so flat or that the Rim looked to be almost poking out past the tire, I knew that sort of look was never going to work for me, plus I knew I preferred a wider tire if I could find one I liked and honestly this was far from my first Rodeo with truck builds so since I had plenty of time to kill waiting on the truck to arrive that I could do my research and workout the math needed to try and get that perfect flush stance with a wider tire that I knew I was after.

Having the Bronco in the garage with a +30 rim in the same 17" size and similar design look only that I knew I liked my Bronco Rims. After learning how tight the fit tolerances were on the Ranger Raptors from the overseas market owners of these that had a year head start sorting some of this out, I knew about all the lift complications with the live valve sensors, based on that info, I really knew I didn't want to mess with the suspension on this truck, that I needed to work within the stock height and still try and get the look or stance that I was wanting.
I think I nailed what I was after. I am very happy with the stance and the look of the rims and tires I have on it now. I drove the truck home which was a 5-hour trip home from the dealer I bought it from, soon as I got home, I changed closes and started swapping out the Rims and tires that night. LOL
Sponsored

Catalyst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep GC SRT - 2024 VBM Raptor Ranger ordered
I'm afflicted with the same preference for stance... and going with another setup to adjust offset as soon as I take delivery. I've been running the math and researching what has been done in Australia and SE Asia.

Appreciate you documenting and taking pictures of your fitment. Not easy to find these details yet and gives me stuff to dig into while I wait until June/July for my RR I ordered.

I am going to run some perch spacers from FMI for a 2" level (only downside when added to live valve shocks will be a bit more preload and spring compression stiffening it a little) and will ditch the crash bars if I have to for my size goals. I plan to run the OE combo in the winter months for snow and Ice for a bit narrower tire and overall trackwidth, and keep the wider contact patch and flush/slight poke for summer months.

gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F-150 Raptor, 23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Occupation
Software
Love the look. While you would not get the deeper dish, could you achieve the stance with 20mm spacers (are they even allowed)? (wheel spacers are what I am talking about)

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the look. While you would not get the deeper dish, could you achieve the stance with 20mm spacers (are they even allowed)? (wheel spacers are what I am talking about)
Yes, but you would want to make sure and get some that are hubcentric, otherwise you could run into balancing issues. Plus that specific of a size you could be looking at something custom.

These guys can make about anything you want but might not be much cheaper then the take off rims I bought. I only paid something like $1200 bucks for 5 like new Bronco take off rims including shipping.

The spacers might run 700-800.

I have bought many many spacers from these guys.
Takes about 4-6 weeks. They are typically built to order for whatever the customer wants.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech (motorsport-tech.com)

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that I think about it the 20mm spacer could be the tricky part.
I am not sure that is going to work with the OEM wheel studs and would not likely be thick enough to work with the other style spacer where the spacer uses the OE wheel studs to hold the spacer on and then has its own studs to hold the wheel onto the spacer.

Sponsored

gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F-150 Raptor, 23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Occupation
Software
Now that I think about it the 20mm spacer could be the tricky part.
I am not sure that is going to work with the OEM wheel studs and would not likely be thick enough to work with the other style spacer where the spacer uses the OE wheel studs to hold the spacer on and then has its own studs to hold the wheel onto the spacer.
Thanks

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/4DCGI/clickedRADIOBUTTONonPre_truck

From a cost standpoint, they are $38 for 2x 0.25" or $57 for 2x 0.5" (for 2023 ranger, I assume 2024 is the same(ish) price)

Exactly what you point out is the rub here, do you have enough stud showing... they call for 7 full turns on the studs or you need longer studs.

would be interesting to see if someone has tried this.

UTRR

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Occupation
Self
Do you have a part number for the center caps or a link?
Sponsored