• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

No, Not Again!

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
It's a friggin' Ranger and not a Lamborghini.
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
@TylerV76 Check the leading edge of the truck bed for missing paint... I'd get something on it ASAP since it's basically missing on my truck from 2-3 miles of dirt roads each day, and I have the OEM splash guards.
How well do your OEM splash guards protect the sides ?

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
It's a friggin' Ranger and not a Lamborghini.
But it's a NEW Ranger!! And that will wear off soon enough. Besides, I've got several other vehicles for foul weather driving.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Re: tarp- Does the garage roof leak? I might be worried about surface scratches from the inside of the tarp.
It's a Budge truck cover and we have a cat!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The rain is my main source of washing. I'll detail it once a month or so but unless it rains I prefer a healthy layer of mud.

IMG_0660.jpeg
Hey man.... would you mind sharing your wheel and tire size? Any cutting or offset to make the combo work? Any lift?

Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Hey man.... would you mind sharing your wheel and tire size? Any cutting or offset to make the combo work? Any lift?
2.5” Rough Country level
Stock 17” sport wheels
BFG KO2’s 275/70R17
No cutting, or modding. Crash bars etc all stock. No rubbing. No spacers

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
I know. I would be right there with you if I maintained my summer average of 3000+ miles a month. But in the winter we don't travel as much, so it goes down quite a bit.

I'll wash it maybe a couple times in the summer/spring/fall, and a couple times a winter to get the salt and grime off when it gets warm enough for it not to be a block of ice coming out the other end of the car wash. haha
I remember that in Michigan...door frozen 10 feet after exiting car wash :crazy:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well, I don't feel so bad after reading some of these comments. Friday my husband was looking out the door & noticed how shiny my Ranger was. "You didn't take it through that new car wash did you?" Who? Me??? :blush: Yeah, I did have to confess. I guess he decided to keep me anyway!:LOL:

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
What's a Lamborgenie? Is that better than meat Lasagna? :p
It's that machine that they shave the ice rink at hockey games to make snow cones with!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
It's that machine that they shave the ice rink at hockey games to make snow cones with!
Right...the Zamboni competitor...cousin to the hot dog cart company, Ferrari:like::crackup:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Right...the Zamboni competitor...cousin to the hot dog cart company, Ferrari:like::crackup:
Okay...Bit of a back story....Leaving Ford Truck Operations for the evening....There is water on the windshield of all the cars but the temps have slightly dropped below freezing. As we are sort of in mass exiting the building, getting in our cars, starting and turning on the wipers, we all Zamboni'd the windshield, so here we are with ice scrappers...trying to get the ice off the windshield. A weird sight but such are ice storms in the upper parts of the country... I am sure other forum members can relate and is one of the reasons wife and I relocated to southern Arizona!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

banerjek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Nuthin' sadder than a truck that looks perfect -- means it didn't get to do what it's meant to do.

After you get a few dings and whatnot, you quit worrying. And then you get to do what you really wanted. Besides, a few battle scars add character :)
Sponsored