• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

No trail rash this time

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Just some practical experience: My F150 Raptor was Ceramic Sealed etc. but the thrones and bushes took a heavy toll anyway. So i decided to completely wrap my new Ranger Raptor with paint protecting Warp.
Only can say - its astonishing, - after hosing the car down it looks like Freshly waxed - only the fender flares and some small parts suffer from heavy Trail Rash. i would wrap it anytime again.

Whole car is transparently Wrapped and on top of that a other opaque wrap for subtle graphics:
Ford Ranger No trail rash this time 20230508_182921
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I just dumb or wouldn't a decent sized branch scratch right through a wrap? Effectively ruining the wrap and your paint.

TDPD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4runner - '24 RR on order
The properties of some of these films is pretty amazing.

Certainly it won't protect from everything but for much of the typical pin striping it should protect the paint underneath and, with the right film, self-heal.

OP
OP
Stitsch1618

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Hi all, yes indeed it should self heal - and standing in the sun it does :) also the "Lotus effect" keeps on giving joy - like freshly waxed. We drove through some serious thorny bushes once with my F150 Raptor Ceramic coated and new now with my Ranger Raptor. No comparison, the wrap is way more protective. Also to mention, its a special paint protection wrap - not a "ordinary" colour wrap in that sense. the F150 Raptor looked pretty bad after the trip and needed a LOT TLC - but always kept some rash.
Ford Ranger No trail rash this time 20220521_184735-edit-20230521084721

Ford Ranger No trail rash this time IMG-20220519-WA0084

Reactions: MJE