Sponsored

Search results

  1. Ford Performance Tune Released for Ranger Raptor for 455 HP / 536 LB-FT Torque

    Never heard of what? Ignition cycle count? Or flash counters? Here is a post from MHD talking about their ability to freeze and reset a flash count.
  2. Ford Performance Tune Released for Ranger Raptor for 455 HP / 536 LB-FT Torque

    Looking through the Ford docs and tech discussion board, I could not find any reference to a flash counter. I was a bit surprised by that. Edit: that's not to say these PCMs don't have a flash counter, I just couldn't find a reference to it.
  3. Ford Performance Tune Released for Ranger Raptor for 455 HP / 536 LB-FT Torque

    For folks that don't drive often, their mileage would also be low. But if you had, say, 8 ignition cycles and 5,000 miles, it's obvious the PCM was reflashed. Based on the information I can find from Ford, there is no definitive way to determine if a tune has been installed. Documentation does...
  4. Ford Performance Tune Released for Ranger Raptor for 455 HP / 536 LB-FT Torque

    The way Ford determines if there is a tune is by the ignition cycle counter. When the PCM is reflashed, the ignition cycle counter is reset. If you have an issue right after flashing or if you flash back to stock before taking it in for service, the ignition cycle count will be low which is...
  5. What's that noise???

    My driver's side door started rattling at ~300 miles. I took off the door panel and put some goon tape along the top edge of the door from which the panel hangs. I also put some small pieces between where the top piece contacts the back side of the door panel (picture below), along with various...
  6. KO3s in Slick Conditions?

    2,000 miles on my RR. Been in the rain a few times, ranging from a few drops on my windshield to not being able to see 5 cars ahead of me. In slippery mode, the truck felt just fine. I simply maintained a safe braking distance and drove on.
  7. What's Your Fuel Economy?

    Gas prices vary quite a bit across the country. Here in Texas, premium is ~$3.30 per gallon. At 17.5mpg, that works out to be $18.85/100 Miles.
  8. BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh

    I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying that there is no need to vent to excess boost in regular modes.
  9. BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh

    I fixed the link. The anti-lag in Baja mode keeps the throttle plate open while cutting fuel.
  10. BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh

    The recirculation valve or blow off valve activates when the throttle plate is closed to move charge air (boost) in front of the compressor housing. Without a place for the excess boost to go, it will try escape back out the compressor, leading to compressor stall, or that "wahstustustustu"...
  11. GMF Trailing Arm Sensor Covors

    AusMotion ships to the US. But it's $125 in shipping. https://ausmotion.com/product/ranger-raptor-trailing-arm-sensor-guard/
  12. What's Your Fuel Economy?

    What's your typical fuel economy looking like? I've been around 16mpg in my RR. However, on this current tank, I've been taking it easy (light acceleration, cruising at 65-75mph, leaving auto start-stop on) and am seeing 19.5-20mpg so far.
  13. Ford Performance Tune Released for Ranger Raptor for 455 HP / 536 LB-FT Torque

    I'll Order it from a thirty part (e.g. Lethal Performance) and then take it to a independent shop.
  14. Ford Performance Tune Released for Ranger Raptor for 455 HP / 536 LB-FT Torque

    The only one I see on their site is for the 2.3L. Do you have a link to the RR one?
  15. Ford Performance Tune Released for Ranger Raptor for 455 HP / 536 LB-FT Torque

    You aren't getting full power on your stock tune by running 87. It's ~30 cents/gallon more or $6/tank. At 16mpg, it's only an extra 1.875c/mile for 91/93. At 12,000 miles per year, it's only an extra $225 in gas. If we up that to 60cents/gallon, it's only $450 a year. For me, it's worth it...
  16. Load Box Reinforcement Bracket - RECALL

    The dealer bulletin states it is for vehicles with a Ford Licensed Accessory Bed Cap.
  17. Quirky climate control event

    I would say "body controller" but there are like 10-15 control modules on this truck. I would suggest taking it to the dealer. Today, HVAC. Tomorrow, adaptive cruise. Edit: could be a bad battery.
  18. Quirky climate control event

    What other "quirky events" have you had?
  19. Anyone get scheduled that didn't pay over msrp for Ranger Raptor?

    Ordered under MSRP but not scheduled yet. Beadlock. Work for a dealer group.



Top