You must be a member of the skeptics club along with James (@got3fords). I look forward to engaging with you guys down the road regarding this subject. I'll happily eat a plate of crow if this does not happen.
For reference, I've been keeping this post updated as more information comes forward...
The Bronco is getting a hybrid: https://fordauthority.com/2026/08/ford-bronco-hybrid-arrives-in-2027-amid-automakers-electrified-pivot/
Given that the Bronco and Ranger share the same platform and roll down the MAP assembly line together I could see the Ranger also getting it. But with the 2029...
It's coming, the only question is will we see it in the Ranger or will we have to wait for the F-100 (the Ranger replacement).
The Broncos are more profitable than the Ranger which results in Ford prioritizing Bronco production over the Ranger at MAP.
Another article. This one from the Aussies where our Ranger is designed/engineered.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/ford-ranger-could-be-axed-in-the-us-in-favour-of-bronco-ute-report/
It's not going away but it will evolve into something even better. I love my Ranger and would cry like a baby if it were to disappear from North America. I'm very confident about the Ranger's future.
Over on BOF there are some trusted sources (insiders) that have a reliable track record. But nothing is ever 100%. Ford also has a reliable track record of changing plans.
But I have reasonably high confidence. Almost all of this has been corroborated in the recent automotive press.
This is a little bit true but also misleading. There are changes coming. See this post I made back in June:
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/2026-ford-ranger-super-duty-walkaround-details.17529/page-3#post-446065
Until more recently the government had very strict emissions regulations in place. They were essentially backdoor mandates for EVs. OEMs responded with huge investments in EVs. The mistake Ford made (and several other OEMs) was to build EV versions of their bread and butter which was/is full...
It is a trifold so one third of the bed is still covered when it is folded up. But, I’m not positive what you are asking so that may not be the answer you are looking for.
I have had both. On my 2020 Ranger I had a Lomax and it used the clamps in your second picture. On my 2026 Ranger with the new style bed rail caps the Lomax uses the clamps in your first picture.
Both worked well but I prefer the setup for my current Lomax (first pic) on my 2026 Ranger. I think...
Mostly agree, but I think we will see important UEV technologies incorporated into future ICE production.
For example, the zonal electric architecture will for sure be quickly incorporated into many future platforms. This saves a lot in wiring , but also significantly reduces the number of...
I think you are dead wrong. The Fathom's design was all about massively reducing the production costs for the vehicle. The Skunk Works project was created for one reason, so that Ford could be competitive with cheap Chinese EVs. Ford/Farley believe that they must be able to build a profitable EV...
Yes, the Fathom is being built on Ford's UEV platform and a new production process that is focused on radical reduction in the cost of this platform. They invested lots of resources on the aero of this new small EV pickup so that they can put a smaller low cost LFP battery in it, a new zonal...
That would be a top choice for me but PHEVs don’t sell very well in North America. I think we might see a Ranger hybrid because the Bronco is getting a hybrid soon. But, I think it is a better bet that we will see a Ranger and Bronco Powerboost hybrids (same hybrid setup as F-150) here in NA.
Maybe for some but not me. I already have a 2026 Ranger and don’t need another T6.2 based vehicle. I want something with a more compliant and quiet ride with high MPGs. Preferably a hybrid. A new hybrid Edge would be perfect for me.