Sponsored

Search results

  1. Tapping into aux battery terminals

    What's the best way to tap the aux terminals and still be able to close the cover? Use a ring terminal and bend it? Look for 90 degree ring terminals? I am considering using a MEGA fuse and bending one end, this would solve 2 issues at the same time, has anyone tried that? (My load will be 30...
  2. Key fob case - what are you using?

    For all the owners out there with switchblade key fobs what case are you using? I want one that will stop the switchblade key from constantly opening while in my pocket. For my TDI I found a hard shell one that solved the issue but I don't recall where I got it back in 2018.
  3. Fingerprints inside mirror

    So I went to clean all the glass today and thought I'd clean those fingerprints off the rear view mirror that I've been noticing. Well they don't come off, they're on the inside of the glass! I stopped by the dealer and they took pics and are going to ask Ford what action, if any, to take. I...
  4. Samsung Galaxy S25 and Offroam Magsafe

    Is anyone using an S25 with a magnetic case on the Offroam Magsafe mount with charging?
  5. Sure Love the 360 camera view

    The one thing I refused to do was buy a Ranger without the 360 view. I knew it would be handy due to tight parking quarters, and for backing into parking spaces which is the best and safest way to park IMHO. I had to have it, no if's, ands or buts. It hasn't disappointed. It makes it easy to...
  6. minijack audio input

    Has anyone found one for the standard sound system? It's either that or I find a decent BT adapter for the device.
  7. Fake exhaust sound on XLT?

    Is that a fake exhaust sound I hear when I switch to Sport mode and is there a way to eliminate it?
  8. Skipping 2nd?

    When I first got my truck it would always skip 2nd gear when in normal drive mode. I read that this is normal. I started using Sport mode for a while but I don't always remember to put it into Sport mode. Now I noticed it doesn't skip 2nd anymore in normal mode, I wonder if this is an adaptation?
  9. Gaia GPS

    Is anyone using Gaia GPS with Android Auto? If so, do I need the premium version? I have the basic free version which I got several years ago and it's not showing up in my list of selectable apps in my Android Auto app.
  10. How to display radio when Android Auto is active

    When I'm using AA, I can switch between different streaming apps and whatever is playing will appear on a small screen next to the weather, however if I switch to satellite radio, the radio screen takes up the whole touch screen till I exit out and return to the AA screen, but no radio info...
  11. Micro fuse removal

    Has anyone found a good fuse puller for the tiny micro2 fuses? Used a hook, hemostats and needle nose and finally got the fuse out but slightly damaged.
  12. Where to come through firewall on a Ranger

    I'm looking for ignition switched power for a relay so just a few milliamps. I found some in the under hood fuse box but that box is well sealed and no way to exit with a wire without making a hole in it. If I use the body control fuse box under the steering wheel has anyone found a good place...
  13. On Board Air, where did you tap power?

    Looking at the battery and at the under hood distribution center. I see two unused studs on the battery. The 3 amp fuse appears to have it own little power feed, it looks like there is a solid bar connecting the 4 stud terminals. On the distribution box there is a nice heavy stud in the center...
  14. Mechanic's Fender Protectors

    What are you using? Since the fenders are aluminum the ones with magnets seem pointless. So far the best option I've seen are Bob's Original complete engine compartment covers, no magnets...
  15. Pizza Cutter tires

    Anyone else like pizza cutter tires, ie tall and narrow? I'm wondering what's the tallest 255 that will fit an XLT stock ride height and 17's? 255/80R17 which are basically 33's? Thinking functionality over looks, even though tall skinny tires still look good to me. Did a Google search and it...
  16. 6" Lift. (aka what rusts under the Ranger?)

    Having read about undercarriage rust I put my Ranger up on my poor man's lift today and crawled around underneath. Everything is bright and shiny, rust free right now and the only parts I can see that might rust are the drivelines and exhaust. I'm not too worried about it since I live in a...
  17. What's New in da Hood: installed Redline hood shocks, OEM hood pad, Airplex bonnet guard

    Redline hood shocks, OEM hood pad and Airplex bonnet guard on da hood. Hint: on the pins for the hood pad don't pay Ford's ridiculous price, these are identical and work great: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CJL9XSM?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title The Airplex looks better than I thought it...
  18. Towing a Jeep

    Like it's not even there.... yeah I know the break-away needs to go to the frame, tomorrow's job. damit I just noticed somebody's dog left me a present
  19. No lane keeping in Sport/Tow/ECO?

    Today I was driving in Sport mode and noticed there was no lane keeping assist, switch to ECO and Tow/Haul and still no assist even though the icon was still on the display in each one. When I switched to Normal I then had it. Also, on the park assist, is there a way to change when the tone...
  20. Sportwing Side Moldings Installed

    Side moldings are not for everyone but I think these look good, to me the bare sides look like something is missing and the molding adds a bit of class to the look. I had these on my Superduty also. Made in USA. Hopefully they will help with the door dings. Sportwing makes them to order and...



Top