Sponsored

Search results

  1. Our Ranger 6Gs are pretty simple for modern vehicles

    Getting paranoid about the constant battle between those who abuse consumers privacy for gain, and the public interest is not worth it. If they are really interested in sticking it to you, it will take more effort and money than you would like to stop it. As for the reliability and repairability...
  2. XLT beats all other options...!!!!

    While the Lariat has some features I like, the money difference meant I could afford important upgrades for the same money. Yes, I really wanted push start, keyless entry, rain sensor wipers, and the second glovebox. I just couldn't reconciled the price for them. The real pity is that there are...
  3. When is your Ranger considered broken in?

    Two minutes before it becomes a broken down old truck.
  4. XPEL PPF install on my 25 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor

    The shop I use, has a standard package of the front end and forward roof area, plus behind the door handles and door edge guards. I also had the lower plate done in satin black (NC) because the silver grey looked out of place.
  5. Intercooler shutters

    The shutters have a very minor effect on fuel economy. It means little if they are functional or blocked open. The only real option is to replace the intercooler with a high quality replacement. On my 2019 Mustang, I added a CVF unit that was a major improvement on the track.
  6. Intelligent speed control making me irritated.

    Despite my having no interest in having or using it, my Ranger has the sign reading feature that will change the cruise speed without my input. It is ridiculous to be going a few mph over the speed limit (in line with the traffic flow) and suddenly the vehicle slows down. And it is not a gradual...
  7. Gas mileage

    I just drove to the east coast (1000 miles) and got 22 mpg average doing 80-85. My F150 with the same engine would be looking at 18-19 mpg.
  8. Looking for EKR custom seat covers user input

    I just put a set on my Ranger. They fit just fine, but since I am not able to do heavy work, I had to get a local car upholsterer to do the install. The front seats have to be removed to separate the flap that connects the back from the seat. They look good and would be hard to tell from...
  9. Truck bed cover options. I’m torn between two.

    BAK makes their's under other brand names. Line-X covers are BAK models with the Line-X logo. I get it for the same price when i get my bed sprayed. I try not to get too bent out of shape about leaking tonneau covers. The bracket for the support rods is more an issue for me. They bounce out of...
  10. What show got you into cars & trucks? 📺🏁

    I was talking to my aunt who babysat me in her teens. She was telling me about when I was probably about 3 and she watched me pretend working on my pedal car. I was cussing it out and after a few minutes my mother came by. She got real upset and asked why I was cussing like that. I told my mom...
  11. What show got you into cars & trucks? 📺🏁

    No TV shows when I was growing up because all the shows were westerns. After getting thrown in a bramble bush at age 5 and getting chewed out by my Dad for holding on to the pommel, horses did not do much for me. But my neighbor had a new 65 race red Mustang w/271 HiPo and top loader. He taught...
  12. Black Ranger XLT with Gray Bumper

    This is what mine looks like with satin black XPEL installed. Looks better and helps prevent road rash.
  13. Need an Anti-Sway Hitch or Other Solution

    A lifetime of towing has made several things extremely true. 1. Anything over 12' should have two axles. 2. Keep your load as close to the center front as possible. Even light items on the rear, is a risk. 3. Sway is a problem of weight distribution, not total weight. Any trailer can be...
  14. RoadActive Suspension?

    I am looking at ways to improve the load performance when towing. In the past, I have gone with Timbren, but have been considering AirLift. I just saw reference to RoadActive Suspension and was curious about it It sounds good, but I am looking for real experiences with this. Anyone?
  15. Bakflip MX4 EZ-Lift

    Got mine installed last week and it is a nice improvement on the G2 on my 2017 F150. How well it keeps out water will have to wait for a few weeks until my PPF has cured.
  16. Mud Flaps -- Weather Tech "No Drill" flaps? Other Recommendations?

    I got a decent price on the four piece set, so splurged. The install was straight forward and they fit well. The clips can be a pain to install, but you soon get it figured out. My only issue was I got a bad 2-pack of screws/clips and had to use one of the old pins. The look good and feel solid...
  17. Driver grab handle design

    I tried to get the Ionic 41 running boards because they are able to be mounted lower than normal, but for whatever reason, they have not been available for a while. Considering I have a ruptured achilles tendon, getting in and out is a bother. My only thought is to add a fold down step to the...
  18. Ford Tool Kit

    I found a kit similar to this, but with a ratchet added...
  19. Ford Tool Kit

    The most essential tool you need to have in your kit, is what you don't have when something goes wrong.



Top