• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Darek's Black Thunder Build

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
I would love to be somewhere around 400hp and 450tq but that's probably lofty on 93 octane. I talked with Torrie about what he thinks would be the next best move forward and he suggested mater/methanol injection. I was leaning more towards E85 but after seeing the price of the fuel pump alone at $1,600, I might end up going with water/meth. I just like the idea of having power at all times, rather than just on demand. I've never messed with chemical intercooling so it makes me a little leery injecting something that could potentially hydrolock my brand new engine lol. Idk which way I'm going to go yet.
BIG TURBO !
Regards
Sponsored

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 Shadow Black
Occupation
Head of Engineering - Cook Spring Company
BIG TURBO !
Regards
Lol, you might be right! Kind of sucks that our turbo is bolted directly to the side of the block though, makes choosing a turbo a pain. With no turbo manifold, we'll have to get creative with how we set up a different turbo. If I didn't use my truck as my daily driver, I'd be tempted to take it off and send it to CRP Engineering to have them upgrade it.

Reactions: Doc