• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

External accessories.

rdwyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Next Gen Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 ordered
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone added the below external accessories, molding to protect the door handles, and lighting. Mine came black but was considering prepping and painting,
either glossy black or lightning blue. Or should I just install as is because I would be wasting my time, i.e paint would not last.

Ford Ranger External accessories. 41964-067a7e8092cc657319230218f87f2b0d
Ford Ranger External accessories. 20240303_170724

Ford Ranger External accessories. 1711503110167-3k

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I got the rear tail light ones, that's about the only ones I will put on the outside, most of the other things I got are for the interior.

OP
OP
rdwyer

rdwyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Next Gen Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 ordered
Occupation
Retired
I got the rear tail light ones, that's about the only ones I will put on the outside, most of the other things I got are for the interior.
My rear passenger door handle has a smudge already from a scuff. I have seen where guys are painting the Ford decal to match the color of the truck. Something speaks to do the gloss black. Alot of work for all of it. Cannot decide.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I may get the door handle pockets PPF but I have never had a problem with any of my current vehicles. Now I will get front end done so hood/fenders/A pillar/roof.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I was at a local new car auto show and a ppf company was exhibiting there, and quoted me $3000 to do the hood & fenders, which was $500 off their normal price...crazy money for Saran wrap!

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I was at a local new car auto show and a ppf company was exhibiting there, and quoted me $3000 to do the hood & fenders, which was $500 off their normal price...crazy money for Saran wrap!
I have my current truck done on hood(18 inches) laps over on the fenders and under the headlights, A pillars, roof(18 inches) and door sills and it cost me $485 Canadian. $3000 is insane.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I have my current truck done on hood(18 inches) laps over on the fenders and under the headlights, A pillars, roof(18 inches) and door sills and it cost me $485 Canadian. $3000 is insane.
Yeah, they tried to talk me out of partial hood saying you could see dirt in the seam. I think for less money I will have a company do my garage floor in epoxy, money better spent! Oh, and then a bed cover, steps, seat covers, Husky mats, the list goes on and on!
Sponsored