• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Ranger Raptor 2023 road tyre

Ja56

First Name
Ja56
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
Hi
My father just ordered 2023 Raptor which will replace his 3.2 2016 Ranger soon.

I've been looking for road tyres as he won't go anymore is mud or off-road lands.
Unfortunately, in 285/70/R17 there is no road tyre.

Does narrower tyre exist whithout changing the wheel?

Then, did someone already have another wheel set with road tyre?

Thanks
Sponsored

jensht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
I swapped mine out for General Grabber AT3 in the same size as stock. They are worlds better than the KO2s that came with it. More quiet, softer ride, heaps of grip in the dry and wet. However, if you like drifting in the wet, nothing beats the no grip KO2s 😂

OP
OP

Ja56

First Name
Ja56
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
I swapped mine out for General Grabber AT3 in the same size as stock. They are worlds better than the KO2s that came with it. More quiet, softer ride, heaps of grip in the dry and wet. However, if you like drifting in the wet, nothing beats the no grip KO2s 😂
Thanks for the answer :giggle:, Do you think late 2023 EU (I'm from france) Raptor are equipped with?

jensht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
Thanks for the answer :giggle:, Do you think late 2023 EU (I'm from france) Raptor are equipped with?
All the ones I have seen so far have the KO2 BFGoodrich tires. I would be surprised if they change the brand and model for the European market. Maybe there will be a switch to the KO3 as the North American ones apparently are getting those, but it would surprise me as I believe changing tires requires new certifications for the cars due to noise and fuel economy regulations.

jensht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
The previous gen Ranger Raptors did get the General Grabber AT3 tires for one year as BFGoodrich had supply chain issues. So you might be able to find some used ones online.
Sponsored