Sponsored

How does your tailgate open? Is this common?

bigb

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Aug 6, 2025
Threads
62
Messages
816
Reaction score
999
Location
Tucson
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger 2.7
Mine was doing the same thing, passenger side. I tinkered with the adjustment and the rubber bump stop and it is a lot better, to the point that a firm closure with my right hand, not really a slam, will close it all the way. I figured it was because of all the add ons I did like the tailgate seal kit and the Bedrug.
Sponsored

 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Jan 30, 2025
Threads
25
Messages
583
Reaction score
527
Location
Central Va.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
I just recently noticed that when my tailgate is down, one cable has slack while the other side is under tension. Is this related to the afforementioned issues? Seems to close fine.
 
OP
OP
kirkster89

kirkster89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kirk
Joined
Oct 2, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
57
Reaction score
41
Location
Saskatchewan
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger, 2.3, fx4, Lariat
I just recently noticed that when my tailgate is down, one cable has slack while the other side is under tension. Is this related to the afforementioned issues? Seems to close fine.
Nah I believe that's due to the strut
 
 







Top