Sponsored

Uneven tailgate cable

ummagawd

Active Member
First Name
Tommy
Joined
Sep 21, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Location
Huntington Beach
Vehicle(s)
26 Avalanche, FJ Cruiser
Picked up my 26 RR and. Noticed that my left tailgate cable has a lot of slack in it. The tailgate itself doesn’t visually look uneven, should I take it back to the dealer to address or is that normal?
Sponsored

 

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,786
Reaction score
1,646
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Unladen they are designed that way. When you load it both cables should be tight. There will always be a little flex in tailgate/frame/ body. If it is excessive the dealer maybe able to adjust it, me I have always driven a pickup truck so 45 years of a bit of slack hasn't worried me.
 

reds10

Active Member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
29
Reaction score
49
Location
Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Picked up my 26 RR and. Noticed that my left tailgate cable has a lot of slack in it. The tailgate itself doesn’t visually look uneven, should I take it back to the dealer to address or is that normal?
Mine is the same.
No issues once there is weight except my tailgate does NOT lat flat with the truck bed which really stinks for one particular use I had.
 
 







Top