• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2019 Honda CRV Touring
Occupation
Retired
Definitely buying the new ranger if it looks like that. I had intended to buy the new Tacoma or the new ranger when it's redesigned in a couple of years. at 65 years old that might be the last vehicle I own period.Bought pickups most of my life and then I always had a second fun car like two corvettes one Miata and a Fiat 124 over the past few years. I also had a few Harleys and Yamaha bikes.

Next time I will wait for those HUGE discounts. Since the majority of Ranger owners hate it!!! Discounts may be sooner and better!!!
Sponsored

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I wonder if the antenna will fit our Rangers. Prefer it over the ones we have.

Dr. Zaius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
While the renderings are interesting, the only thing that will pique my interest toward a newer Ranger is if it offer the 2.7 EB.

If they put the 2.7 EB in there, I'll need to set aside funds for the upgrade and a divorce attorney.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
While the renderings are interesting, the only thing that will pique my interest toward a newer Ranger is if it offer the 2.7 EB.

If they put the 2.7 EB in there, I'll need to set aside funds for the upgrade and a divorce attorney.
The divorce attorney many end up costing more than the new truck!

Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It sure would be nice if that sucker would be available in our Rangers. If it'll fit a new Bronco...
I'll be amazed if it actually shows up in the bronco, let alone the ranger. There's an internet rumor born every minute.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Looks more like a Chevy to me. That grill is very similar to the new Chevy Silverados. I'm no expert on what car manufacturers do but I don't see them making such a drastic change in only a few years.
It's been 9 years with this current Body style. It's only been here in NA for a year, byt the ROW has had it since 2011. It's goiong to get a New Body and Chassis based on the New Bronco Platform.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT P-1SC-1 Stage II, 1998 Ford Explorer Limited, 2013 Ford Escape SEL
For some reason I'm thinking this isn't a Ford product. I'm thinking Dodge Ram Dakota. Am I crazy?

ETA:
EHHHHH. Maybe not a Dakota. Seems the newer Ram products don't feature the Ram logo anymore but the word RAM spelled out.

wolfhawk73

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
For some reason I'm thinking this isn't a Ford product. I'm thinking Dodge Ram Dakota. Am I crazy?

ETA:
EHHHHH. Maybe not a Dakota. Seems the newer Ram products don't feature the Ram logo anymore but the word RAM spelled out.
The first link I posted has "getrag-ford" in it, so there's hope!

Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired

ETA:
Little back story on the RAM

We at Ford were revising the F Series using the code name for the program for a new 1981 model. The code name was Ram Program. So HFII 2 and Iaccoa clashed and Lee was fired in summer of 1978. Next thing we know Lee ends up at Chrysler and Viola! The D Series pick up trucks became the RAM..... Talk about an in your face.... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT P-1SC-1 Stage II, 1998 Ford Explorer Limited, 2013 Ford Escape SEL
I kind of hope this isn't the next Ranger! It's very nice looking, but doesn't look like a rugged off roader. It looks like a city truck!

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
Driver
Sometimes "new" could be bad...does anybody really still want a 2 piece driveshaft?:puke: Now there's something new... common only 60 years ago.
I don't disagree with most of what you said, but yes a 2 piece shaft is great for 4wd. easier to keep more of it up high and away from rocks, and less to replace if you do manage to damage it.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't disagree with most of what you said, but yes a 2 piece shaft is great for 4wd. easier to keep more of it up high and away from rocks, and less to replace if you do manage to damage it.
I know this is a different application, but I HATE the 2-piece driveshaft in my Mustang. It's so damn noisy and clunky with the manual transmission.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
Driver
I know this is a different application, but I HATE the 2-piece driveshaft in my Mustang. It's so damn noisy and clunky with the manual transmission.
yeah in a sports car 2 piece is awful
Sponsored