• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
Can't agree more Ford's color choices are bland I want a nice green color like I've seen on a colorado not Green Gem like was on the F150 it looked black except in bright sunlight.
"Guard" is coming back on the 2021 F-150. It was a 2016-17 Explorer option and I think Superduty. the 2021 Ranger Configurator should be up on or after September 14th; the day the order guides hit the dealers. Hope Guard and/or Cactus Grey (Bronco & Bronco Sport) will be available on the Ranger. Job 1 is in December.
2021 F-150 in Guard. It looks satin finished in the configurator, but I think it will be glossy like it was before.
2021 Ford® F-150 Truck | All-New And Tougher Than Ever.jpg

TheDo114

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
To me the list is:

- 2.7L V6 availability
- 6 feet bed with the super crew
- fold flat back seat
- flat floor in the back
- option for vinyl flooring even in the higher trims

This would seriously make me reconsider the new Bronco as I will be a late buyer.

The new Ranger will probably be announced or leaked by the time I am ready to buy a Bronco and if these options are possible, it will be a tough choice to make. I guess Ford is the winner in all this since they will have my money either way ;)

Foolster

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac 2002 5 speed manual
Occupation
Farmer
To me the list is:

- 2.7L V6 availability
- 6 feet bed with the super crew
- fold flat back seat
- flat floor in the back
- option for vinyl flooring even in the higher trims

This would seriously make me reconsider the new Bronco as I will be a late buyer.

The new Ranger will probably be announced or leaked by the time I am ready to buy a Bronco and if these options are possible, it will be a tough choice to make. I guess Ford is the winner in all this since they will have my money either way ;)
I would like to second this list and add the seven speed manual from the Bronco behind the 2.7. I also need slightly better payload (one ton) and towing (8000). On one of our farms we have a F150 2.7. It is our favorite truck of all time. The 10 speed is the first automatic where I get better MPG than I think I would with a manual transmission. You can let the truck coast to a stop. The automatic drops in gears keeping the engine at idle minimizing fuel usage as you slow. The instrument panel tells me I am getting more than 29 mpg every time I drive it. We have hundreds of acres of orchard so a F150 is too wide. We really would like a narrow truck version of the F150.