• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

No, Not Again!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Four more days of rain starting tonight. Back under the blanket for mine! (recent detail)

Ford Ranger No, Not Again! 20200302_231149
Sponsored

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I don't ever drive mine in rain, either. Except for this Friday. They're giving rain Thursday night and I have an appointment to get my lift installed Friday. The roads will be wet, so the wheel wells will have muck in them... Back to detailing this weekend.

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Man, I can appreciate keeping the truck clean (I've washed mine 2-days in a row now), but refusing to drive in the rain? Seems like a waste...but to each their own I suppose!

Dr. Zaius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Man, I can appreciate keeping the truck clean (I've washed mine 2-days in a row now), but refusing to drive in the rain? Seems like a waste...but to each their own I suppose!
I've had vehicles that I wouldn't drive in the rain, but only because they were outright dangerous in the rain (the highly modified turbo RX-7 would switch ends in a heartbeat if the boost came on)

Keeping a vehicle overly clean is kinda like dating a super hot girl and refusing to fool around with her so that she'll be cleaner for the next guy she dates. j/k

I like to preserve my vehicles with a protective layer of dirt. Self-applying and self-maintaining :p

Nah, I do wash them. But I'm not overly concerned with them.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
Four more days of rain starting tonight. Back under the blanket for mine! (recent detail)

20200302_231149.jpg
Re: tarp- Does the garage roof leak? I might be worried about surface scratches from the inside of the tarp.

Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
@TylerV76 Check the leading edge of the truck bed for missing paint... I'd get something on it ASAP since it's basically missing on my truck from 2-3 miles of dirt roads each day, and I have the OEM splash guards.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
@TylerV76 Check the leading edge of the truck bed for missing paint... I'd get something on it ASAP since it's basically missing on my truck from 2-3 miles of dirt roads each day, and I have the OEM splash guards.
Where the back of the cab and the bed meet?

The paint on these trucks is pretty bad imo. Ive come to terms that I will most likely rhino line a lot of the lower portion or just deal with it. Mine is through my company so I keep them 6 years max and trade them in. In the event that I want to keep this one for me personally past that point then this thing will need some better paint or a wrap.

Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
I'm glad someone else said this. I didn't want to be the first one. haha

I'm a firm believer that things are meant to be used. I drive my truck a lot (19k miles in 9 months), haul things with it, tow things with it. Because that's what I bought it for. I'm all for doing your best to make it last as long as you can. But what's the point of doing that if you're never using it anyways. I always find it odd when someone buys a utilitarian vehicle and doesn't use it. In the same vain of buying a Jeep for driving around town. But to each his own obviously. People want what people want.
You need to drive MORE :crackup:

10 months and I'm about to hit 30,000o_O:crackup: She gets dirty but on a dry day, you'd never know it...5 minute through a touchless wash and back to show room :like:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You need to drive MORE :crackup:

10 months and I'm about to hit 30,000o_O:crackup: She gets dirty but on a dry day, you'd never know it...5 minute through a touchless wash and back to show room :like:
I'm getting destroyed now... I'm only at ~26,600 (though it's vacation season right now)

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I pay a flat monthly fee for unlimited car washes. ~$30.00. I run it thru at least twice a week. They Armorall the tires. Usually give em $2.00 tip each time.

My truck is only dirty when I come back from camping... But I go straight to the car wash before going home.

I really don't have pictures of a dirty truck. I will during the summer when it gets muddy at camp. Right now it's dry, powder sand. Doesn't stick to anything.

Ford Ranger No, Not Again! IMG_20200105_155635900_HDR

Ford Ranger No, Not Again! Screenshot_20200301-094338

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
I like a clean vehicle, but that's not stopping me from using it. I started out as a teenager detailing vehicles for a car dealer. Steam clean engines, re-dye carpet, buff paint, etc. So it's always been in my blood. But I fish in the Gulf every weekend in a kayak. Getting to the launch points involves going down narrow dirt roads as long as 9 miles. If it rains they are muddy...lol!

But I usually don't wait too long to clean it after getting back home. I use a power washer for the wheel wells, underside, tires and wheels. The rest of the truck gets detailed without a bucket, soap, etc. I use a couple of waterless products for the paint, windows,trim, tires and wheels. Over 17,000 miles and it still looks new.:wink:

Ford Ranger No, Not Again! Ranger-Clean
Sponsored