• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

No, Not Again!

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2019 Honda CRV Touring
Occupation
Retired
I've had vehicles that I wouldn't drive in the rain, but only because they were outright dangerous in the rain (the highly modified turbo RX-7 would switch ends in a heartbeat if the boost came on)

Keeping a vehicle overly clean is kinda like dating a super hot girl and refusing to fool around with her so that she'll be cleaner for the next guy she dates. j/k

I like to preserve my vehicles with a protective layer of dirt. Self-applying and self-maintaining :p

Nah, I do wash them. But I'm not overly concerned with them.
That would be my view is well. I run through the car wash every 6 weeks and that's it. I'm not one who enjoys primping and detailing. One reason I went back to buying trucks. lol got my first ding few days ago. It's tiny about a quarter of an inch long and not noticeable at 3 feet. It's a truck S*** will happen. All of that said; I run it through a car wash would not Hesitate To have my truck professionally detailed before I trade it or sell it.
Sponsored

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Porsche Macan S, 2005 Ducati Monster S2R800, 2001 Ducati Monster 750 Dark
Not trying to damage it, but offroading it happens; got my first desert stripes with less than 1k miles on it and a few more since. It's a truck, it's meant to do truck stuff for me. And in SoCal we rarely see this water fall from the sky of which you guys speak, so I just wash it once a month or so (if it's lucky) at a self wash place and spend most of that time cleaning suspension/undercarriage/etc to keep that all the parts that matter clean.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
I'll use mine for work tomorrow. After all it has to pay for itself! The water in front of the house is receding so it should be safe to cross.

Ford Ranger No, Not Again! 20200304_210046

Sponsored
First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I use F11 Topcoat on mine. It creates such a slick surface I actually let it sit out in the rain and it washes 95% of the dirt off. Good stuff even though a little expensive.

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
I use F11 Topcoat on mine. It creates such a slick surface I actually let it sit out in the rain and it washes 95% of the dirt off. Good stuff even though a little expensive.
I have been playing around with F11 and I like it .... goes on easy and does leave a shiny coat ... still not sure how I feel about the price ... I do use it on glass, etc .....

Edsel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Engineering Professor
Man, I can appreciate keeping the truck clean (I've washed mine 2-days in a row now), but refusing to drive in the rain? Seems like a waste...but to each their own I suppose!
LOL! Go visit the Porsche 911 boards...as if in Germany it never rains or the car will dissolve. This is a truck for god's sake.

I frankly think an FX4 looks better with mud all over it ?

Sponsored
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2015 MX-5 Club, 2016 VW GTI
Damn bro! My truck would look SOOOOO good with that setup!

IMG_20200105_155712628_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200105_155635900_HDR.jpg
The look is great - (thank you!) The ride is where it really shines. I can't get over the improvement! I REALLY like the Icon products in this application.

Reactions: Doc

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
The look is great - (thank you!) The ride is where it really shines. I can't get over the improvement! I REALLY like the Icon products in this application.
Approximately what did that setup run you? Lift, wheels and tires.

I'll need to start saving.

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
I wash my vehicles easily twice or maybe even three times a year. I find they run just as well dirty as clean - until accumulated mud starts ruining the weight and aerodynamics.

Living on a dirt road will soon break any one of the personal need for a clean truck or motorcycle.
:sunglasses:

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was driving home yesterday and thinking about your response - in particular the pictures you shared. I rudely forgot to mention that you have a nice looking Ranger there yourself! Your rig was one of the first I saw when I joined this forum. Awesome to see people tinkering with the new ride.

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Approximately what did that setup run you? Lift, wheels and tires.

I'll need to start saving.
All in, (wheels, tires, suspension) around $6,300 - was hoping to get a little coin back on the factory bits, but I can barely give the stuff away! So be it - I'm creating jobs! :D
Sponsored