• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Order new Ranger

davey690

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Track
Occupation
Health and Safety
I want to order a new Ranger.
The problem is I was thinking I really wanted the V6.
Order banks only allow to order the 4 cylinder right now and dealer says I can’t order V6 till October.
My Sport Trac is a V6 and it has been great.
Do you guys think it’s worth ordering the 4 cylinder to get the vehicle sooner?
Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No. Unless your sport track is ready for the junkyard & you’ll be walking. If you think you’ll really want the V6 I’d wait until October & put in the order then. I realize you could be driving a 2.3 by then but if you don’t need to be in a rush & can wait for job 2 you might be glad you did. I’d assume slightly less mileage & an increased cost over the 2.3 but the 4 cyl should have enough power for the truck as is.

Now what I’m really hoping to see is 4A with the 2.7. Surprised that isn’t available outside of the Raptor.

GoldenAtlas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tundra
If you want the other engine is certainly gonna be worth waiting. I want the 2.3 but if I wanted a bigger one then I could easily wait a few months.
Sponsored