• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Overlanding Trails/Camping in the Great Lakes area

Harrington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Does anyone have any good locations for Off road trails or drive up camp sites that aren't in an actual camp ground? I have been looking up and the Wisconsin Adventuring trail seems to be a popular one and then I hear that the Upper Peninsula has a good selection of them as well
Sponsored

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
The Ambassador Bridge Detroit-to-Windsor is a pretty good off-road route, you should see the potholes!

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I just started a free trial of the ONX Offroad app, and it looks like its going to be perfect for finding trails and camp grounds. I will definitely be buying it when I get my truck ($25/year with discount. They post a lot of dicount codes).

They also advertise that you can use Apple Carplay or Android Auto to use the app and have your map displayed on screen in the truck.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just started a free trial of the ONX Offroad app, and it looks like its going to be perfect for finding trails and camp grounds. I will definitely be buying it when I get my truck ($25/year with discount. They post a lot of dicount codes).

They also advertise that you can use Apple Carplay or Android Auto to use the app and have your map displayed on screen in the truck.
ONX is good. Gaia GPS is another good option that will integrate with android auto/carplay. Might be worth giving both a shot to see which you prefer.

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
ONX is good. Gaia GPS is another good option that will integrate with android auto/carplay. Might be worth giving both a shot to see which you prefer.
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.
Sponsored