Dr. TJG DVM
Well-Known Member
- Thread starter
- #1
Picked up my '25 Lariat 4x4 just after the first of the year. Ordered a set of GoRhino slim running boards and a hard Tonneau cover from RealTruck on the 7th. The running boards were tagged as a $50 rebate. They were the boards I wanted and the rebate was a nice bonus. Went online and started filling out their form.
First they wanted a picture of the UPC code - they stuck the UPS shipping label directly over it and it will not peel off without tedium of slowly picking or tearing the product label. Called and 2 transfers later they emailed me the number.
Next, went back to the online form and tried to enter my part number - it's not listed in the drop down (1,243 choices but not mine). An hour later and 4 different people between RealTruck and their rebate processing contractor, everybody agrees I am entitled to the rebate but it's somebody else's problem to correct.
Finally, after being "elevated" I was assured this wasn't the first time it has recently come up, they have been working on it and it would be resolved in a few days. Fast forward 9 days... still not there. Another hour bouncing around and still - "they are working on it and should be resolved in a few days". Was assured that even if it didn't get resolved by the claim deadline of 1/31; I would "most likely" still be able to receive the rebate. Nobody seems willing (or able) to just push this through and get me the rebate they offered.
I see that RealTruck is a sponsor of this site (good for them) but some of the most frustrating customer service I have had in a long while. I have now wasted at least 2 1/2 hours and a few mm's of systolic blood pressure trying to get $50.
First they wanted a picture of the UPC code - they stuck the UPS shipping label directly over it and it will not peel off without tedium of slowly picking or tearing the product label. Called and 2 transfers later they emailed me the number.
Next, went back to the online form and tried to enter my part number - it's not listed in the drop down (1,243 choices but not mine). An hour later and 4 different people between RealTruck and their rebate processing contractor, everybody agrees I am entitled to the rebate but it's somebody else's problem to correct.
Finally, after being "elevated" I was assured this wasn't the first time it has recently come up, they have been working on it and it would be resolved in a few days. Fast forward 9 days... still not there. Another hour bouncing around and still - "they are working on it and should be resolved in a few days". Was assured that even if it didn't get resolved by the claim deadline of 1/31; I would "most likely" still be able to receive the rebate. Nobody seems willing (or able) to just push this through and get me the rebate they offered.
I see that RealTruck is a sponsor of this site (good for them) but some of the most frustrating customer service I have had in a long while. I have now wasted at least 2 1/2 hours and a few mm's of systolic blood pressure trying to get $50.
Sponsored