• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Retrax tonneau cover for 2024 Ford Ranger 2024 global market

jvunc

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger NextGen Wildtrak 2023
Occupation
Network Manager
Greeting

Anyone can tell me if it is possible to install RetraxPro XR tonneau cover (ref T-80338) on my Ford Ranger 2024 (XLT) built for Global market (with left wheel hand).
Top cargo box of ford ranger 2024 is 55.9 in (142 cm) wide, but I don't know how wide is the RetraxPro XR canister.
Any answer or feedback welcome.

Jacques
Sponsored

OP
OP

jvunc

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Manager
Thank you.
I have contacted Retrax.
FYI they provide following informations for RetraxPRO XR (confirmed to fit on Ford Ranger 2024 global market):
* canister width: 54.375 in
* side rail lenght: 59.250 in

GManGeno

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Thank you.
I have contacted Retrax.
FYI they provide following informations for RetraxPRO XR (confirmed to fit on Ford Ranger 2024 global market):
* canister width: 54.375 in
* side rail length: 59.250 in
I too am considering the Retrax Pro XR. I like the T-Slots for mounting accessories above the cover. Based on the measurements from your post and the Ranger specs for the box, it may fit but what is the overall width. The canister with is ~10 inches less than the max width inside box and the new platform is now wide enough to fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood, so it can't just be the one from last years Ranger. Admittedly, I am not very familiar with tonneau covers so it is probably fine. But since I did not order the spray in bed liner with the intent of getting a Line-X bed liner, they also sell Retrax. Maybe, I just have them install the cover, even though that takes away the fun of tricking out your own ride.

Length at floor (inches)
Width at wheelhouse (inches)
Maximum width inside box (inches)

OP
OP

jvunc

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Manager
In fact
you must consider dimension of the top of the bed to be sure if the tonneau cover fit or not, in particular, the canister lenght between side rail bed.

Max width inside box (at floor) of Ford 2024 is larger than width of the top of bed between side rail.

Ford provide only these dimensions:
* bed lenght at floor(59.6 in),
* bed max width inside box at floor (62.4 in),
* bed width at wheelhouse (48.2 in or 1224 mm to fit euro pallet size)

But they dont provide width between side rail on top of the bed on their spec.
So I measure myself width between side rail bed on my pickup(~55.9 in), and found that canister should fit (54.375 in).

The cover offered by Ford doesn't interfere with tonneau installation, as it doesn't protrude like other pickups, but fits underneath side rail.
id you don't have sprayed cover, I hope you have at least specific side rail cap on your car.

FYI
It seems that all Ford Netxgen trim (XLT/WILDTRAK/RAPTOR) dedicated to globalmarket 2022+/2023/2024 have same bed size.

I have already bought Yakima HD overhaul kit with 68" HD bar (fitted perfectly on Ford Ranger 2024 bed without cover), and will buy retrax at next step.

will share next time :)
Sponsored