• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford4wheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
In Australia, all the V6 Rangers and upper specification 2.0 litre bi-turbo models (so XLT V6, Sport and Wildtrak) have the e-shifter while the lower specification 2.0 litre bi-turbo models have the standard shifter. Having owned the previous PX2 and PX3 Ranger's and now a V6 XLT with e-shifter, I way prefer the older style shifter. The short e-shifter is fiddly to use and you tend to select past the gear you want. The manual shift buttons are also (for me) not as intuitive to use compared to pushing the selector forward or back to change the gears as per the PX3 "sport/manual" mode.

The only thing useful with the e-shifter is that if you forget to select park before shutting down, the car will move the selector to park for you.

I will probably get used to using the new e-shifter, but if I had the option, it is the old style PX 3 shifter would suit me better.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

Kristian87uk

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Seems Ford have finally started adding to the website. The link on the first page will now show the 2.0 manual engine (XL & XLT), and also single cab. Annoying because I'm waiting for the Sport to go on!

Ford Ranger UK Standard Ranger - Build & Price is Up! xlt.JPG

OP
OP

Kristian87uk

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT

Taytosailor

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak V6
Occupation
Sailor
I stumbled on the UK updated price list. Quite a bit of info re pricing & options, including some images of the wheel options.

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/...ce-list/commercial-vehicles/PL-new_ranger.pdf

20 wheels 2.JPG
20 wheels 1.JPG
Thanks for this Kristian87uk.

I see for the wildtrak there are two technology pack options. Pack 68 at £850 and pack 71 at £700. It seems pack 68 doesn't have the advanced park assist, but has automatic cruise control with CADSIII as opposed to just automatic cruise control of the pack 71. Does anyone know what CADSIII is? I currently have tech pack 71 optioned on my ranger. Despite being cheaper, it seems to be the better of the two packs.

OP
OP

Kristian87uk

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
I didn't know where else to make this comment as it's only UK relevant really.

Walking home from work last night and a red Ranger Raptor flew past me, I could tell from the taillights! Must say it sounded real nice, and this is coming from a Mustang owner :sunglasses:

Just cool to see one on the road, look forward to seeing more
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE