• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I'm guessing the answer is no, but has anyone seen any review videos going into detail about the factory aux channel system.

Specifically #5 & #6 - in Australia it is mandated that forward lighting must be tied to the high beams as a trigger for activation. Ford has already integrated the last two AUX upfitter switches on their version to do this for easy use of consumer compliance when connecting forward lighting to their Raptor.

I actually have my forward spot lights rigged this way (here in the US) as (IMO) it is a superior way to quickly engage and disengage the lights in a quick natural motion using the high beam stalk as they are the most commonly used lights. All my other zoned lighting is controlled through traditional button switches.

I am hoping this default wiring method is kept in tact like the country to get these units first.
Sponsored

John B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
retired engineer
this is a page re aux switches in the builders guide. It doesn't seem to indicate 5 and 6 interconnected with the high beams. The full builders guide has a link somewhere on here. Good luck.

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 20-53-23 Body Builders Layout Book - 5.31 builders guide revised.pdf

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
this is a page re aux switches in the builders guide. It doesn't seem to indicated 5 and 6 interconnected with the high beams. The full builders guide has a link somewhere on here. Good luck.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 20-53-23 Body Builders Layout Book - 5.31 builders guide revised.pdf.png
Well damn. Thanks for the info though!

John B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
retired engineer
Well damn. Thanks for the info though!
I suspect you could use aux 5 or 6 to power forward lighting (just leave switch on) with an intervening solenoid powered by your high beams. At least it sounds doable.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I suspect you could use aux 5 or 6 to power forward lighting (just leave switch on) with an intervening solenoid powered by your high beams. At least it sounds doable.
Why use a solenoid? Just use a small inline solid state relay downstream of the aux box

Sponsored
OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Nah even easier, I'll do it like I have now and just pigtail tap the high beam harness, but also another pigtail to the actual up fitter switch. Use relays as triggers. Put one way diode blockers to prevent back feeding. That gives me dual functions (high beam triggered or switch triggered) that operate independent of each other.

I have a bit of a scratch when it comes to custom electrical wiring lol

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 100_0117.JPG

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Nah even easier, I'll do it like I have now and just pigtail tap the high beam harness, but also another pigtail to the actual up fitter switch. Use relays as triggers. Put one way diode blockers to prevent back feeding. That gives me dual functions (high beam triggered or switch triggered) that operate independent of each other.

I have a bit of a scratch when it comes to custom electrical wiring lol

100_0117.JPG
The more I learn about you, the more I’d like to be your neighbor. You and I would get along just fine.

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The more I learn about you, the more I’d like to be your neighbor. You and I would get along just fine.

How about a custom ceiling console for the current gen ranger?

Only one of its kind in the United States.

No? How about custom rear seat delete? With hidden armory accessed by hidden RFID locks?

My shenanigan's over the last 3 years reached absurdity at some point. It got to the point of just trying something to see if it could be done.

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 IMG_20221024_115605

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 IMG_20221101_160452

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 IMG_20220920_054415

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 platform_armory

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
At one point at beginning of 2022 I wanted to see if I could convert an old patrol vehicle laptop mount to work in the Ranger. I could it turns out with a little chopping and refinishing. lol

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 IMG_20220329_161220

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 IMG_20220329_133819

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
How about a custom ceiling console for the current gen ranger?

Only one of its kind in the United States.

No? How about custom rear seat delete? With hidden armory accessed by hidden RFID locks?

My shenanigan's over the last 3 years reached absurdity at some point. It got to the point of just trying something to see if it could be done.

IMG_20221024_115605.jpg

IMG_20221101_160452.jpg

IMG_20220920_054415.jpg

platform_armory.jpg
Did you tell the department to take the PIU and shove it? That thing looks ready for some serious work.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Did you tell the department to take the PIU and shove it? That thing looks ready for some serious work.
When I started building the concept of the "SPEC-R3" aka Rapid Response Ranger - it was more or less using my knowledge of my career and my hobby of general prepping (no I am not one of those hard core guys).

At one point I asked my department if they had thrown out a pallet full of expired soft armor panels yet because I was going to get a bunch and stuff the doors and rear wall with them. Sound deadening & up-armor protection. Why? Hell, why not. Sadly they had already trashed them. lol

The dream will live on, but now the SPEC-R3 will become the Rapid Response Raptor.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
When I started building the concept of the "SPEC-R3" aka Rapid Response Ranger - it was more or less using my knowledge of my career and my hobby of general prepping (no I am not one of those hard core guys).

At one point I asked my department if they had thrown out a pallet full of expired soft armor panels yet because I was going to get a bunch and stuff the doors and rear wall with them. Sound deadening & up-armor protection. Why? Hell, why not. Sadly they had already trashed them. lol

The dream will live on, but now the SPEC-R3 will become the Rapid Response Raptor.
Let me guess, someone already called dibs on the surplus MRAP?

It’s a fantastic concept for a duty truck. Throwing that equipment over to the Raptor will just be the natural conclusion to that concept.

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Let me guess, someone already called dibs on the surplus MRAP?
Nah, we are a medium sized department we dont have stuff like that. All of that equipment you see is my personally owned stuff cause they can't afford to outfit us beyond basics. Before we cleaned out storage a year or so ago they had old electronics from the 90's still in there. I did score two 5 gallon buckets worth of various gauge and length wiring out of that ordeal that was in perfectly good condition they were going to trash.

I was in charge of reviewing electronic stuff and trashing out-dated or broken items. Most of them had a perfectly good harness attached. I scavenged the crap out of them. Quick cut with some tin snips and then toss junk in the dumpster and the wiring into a bucket.

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
It’s a fantastic concept for a duty truck. Throwing that equipment over to the Raptor will just be the natural conclusion to that concept.
I've even gone as far as starting to create and compile a manual for my truck in the event I sold it the next owner could reference something.

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 test

Ford Ranger US Version of AUX 5 and AUX 6 TEST2

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
I'm guessing the answer is no, but has anyone seen any review videos going into detail about the factory aux channel system.

Specifically #5 & #6 - in Australia it is mandated that forward lighting must be tied to the high beams as a trigger for activation. Ford has already integrated the last two AUX upfitter switches on their version to do this for easy use of consumer compliance when connecting forward lighting to their Raptor.

I actually have my forward spot lights rigged this way (here in the US) as (IMO) it is a superior way to quickly engage and disengage the lights in a quick natural motion using the high beam stalk as they are the most commonly used lights. All my other zoned lighting is controlled through traditional button switches.

I am hoping this default wiring method is kept in tact like the country to get these units first.
In the Australian videos Aux 5 and 6 only light up when the headlight stalk high beam is triggered.

In my truck (Middle East region, Thailand build) I notice Aux 5 and 6 light up regardless of high beam stalk position, indicating they may run independently. I haven't run any lights up front to confirm this yet.

This may as well vary in different regions depending on local regulations.
Sponsored