• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Coming to the USA for 2022!!!

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a25843035/ford-ranger-raptor-usa/

Ranger Raptor coming to US for 2022 per Ford.

It Looks Like America Will Get the Next-Generation Ford Ranger Raptor

Social media profiles of engineers involved on the project indicate that we'll see a Ranger Raptor in the US in the early 2020s.

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Coming to the USA for 2022!!! 2018-ford-ranger-raptor-wildtrak-shot22-34frontclimbdynamic-04-1539971572

The Ford Ranger is finally back in the U.S. But Ford didn't bring it back without teasing us with a hardcore variant of the Ranger that won't be sold in the US, the Ranger Raptor. We asked Ford if there was a shot of the Raptor making it to our shores, but we were told that the current Raptor was not designed for the North American market.

While we think it's too late in the lifecycle of the current Ranger to design a Raptor variant for North America, we speculated that we might see one in the next generation model, and according to social media profiles for Ford engineers, we might have been right.

The current Ranger has been in production in other parts of the world since 2011. It carries an internal project code of P375 will continue to be in production for a few more years; we're likely to see a next generation Ranger in 2022. This new truck has a project code of P703 and shares much of its design with the upcoming Bronco. The frames for both the next generation Ranger and Bronco are being launched by the same team at Modatek, according to social media profiles for engineers.

Small details about this next generation Ranger have been shared on social media and around the web, but a recently posted project description shows that a Chassis Engineer has been working on a Ranger Raptor with the P703 code, and it's described as being for the North American market. This engineer has also worked on the current version of the Ranger for North America, which is known as the P375N, as well as the current version of the Ranger Raptor for other parts of the world.

According to further social media profiles and sources inside Ford, this new Ranger Raptor is likely to be called “Project Redback” internally, the same project name used while the current P375 Ranger Raptor was in development. Since the chassis design for the next generation Ranger and Bronco is being handled by the same team, it is possible that we might also see a Bronco Raptor, but we have not seen any clues yet that would point to it explicitly.

We expect the next generation Ranger to be revealed in 2022 with the Raptor following a little later. No details are currently known regarding engine and transmission choices, but it's likely that a North American-spec Ranger Raptor would be powered by a gasoline EcoBoost engine instead of a diesel like the current one that is available in other parts of the world.

We asked Ford for confirmation on our findings and they stated that they “don’t comment on speculation about future products” and that they “have no announcements to make about a Ranger Raptor for North American customers,” not shocking, especially considering we're still a few years out and the Ranger has just returned to the US.
Sponsored

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Ranger Raptor Headed to the USA!!!(1)

(1) Source: Social media rumors and speculation; clickbait.

OP
OP
FLEngineer

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Ranger Raptor Headed to the USA!!!(1)

(1) Source: Social media rumors and speculation; clickbait.
As with all predictions 3 years out, giant helping of salt not included but recommended :).

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
I have no doubt that we'll eventually see a US Ranger Raptor. It just won't happen for a few years. Yes, they're mostly speculating, but they're probably mostly kinda sorta right.

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
I have no doubt that we'll eventually see a US Ranger Raptor. It just won't happen for a few years. Yes, they're mostly speculating, but they're probably mostly kinda sorta right.
It really makes sense - why spend the time updating the ROW Raptor when you know a new refresh is just around the corner? It doesn't seem to make sense. It would make much more sense to adapt the new version of it.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
It really makes sense - why spend the time updating the ROW Raptor when you know a new refresh is just around the corner? It doesn't seem to make sense. It would make much more sense to adapt the new version of it.
From what I've found, the Ranger is getting a refresh in 2023, that's when I'll put my money on a US Ranger Raptor.

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
I'm not too familiar with Ford models in other geographies - are there other markets where the F150 Raptor and Ranger Raptor are sold together? From a business perspective, I'm honestly not sure it makes sense because it's difficult to position the two models because a lower priced Raptor may cannibalize sales from the F150 Raptor. There will always be the guys that prefer a fullsize truck over midsize but if you look at Ford's current pricing structure it would be tough to market an F150 Raptor vs a much cheaper Ranger Raptor unless the Ranger Raptor offers mostly only appearance upgrades and no performance.

Here's what I mean. Look at the base pricing of an F150 vs Ranger at the different trim levels. In the base XL an F150 is only 16% more expensive than a Ranger but 29% more expensive in the Lariat trim because of the features it includes. Steeping up from one trim to the other in an F150 will cost you approximately 20% each time more while 15% in the Ranger.

Following their current pricing logic I would estimate a Ranger Raptor would have a starting price of about $40k which is $13k less than the starting price of an F150 Raptor. That's a big chunk of money and in my opinion the only way to successfully sell both in the same market is to dumb-down the Ranger Raptor in terms of what it offers. If they were both on par in terms of performance, it would be hard to justify spending that much more for the F150 Raptor, just my opinion.

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Coming to the USA for 2022!!! rzIDfYZ

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
They either sell the Ranger Raptor and cannibalize sales from the F150 Raptor, or don't sell the Ranger Raptor and lose sales to the Colorado ZR2 or TRD PRO.

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They either sell the Ranger Raptor and cannibalize sales from the F150 Raptor, or don't sell the Ranger Raptor and lose sales to the Colorado ZR2 or TRD PRO.
But on the same token who makes a competitor to the F150 Raptor? The current Raptor is really in a class of its own and I don't feel like the TRD Pro or ZR2 offer all that much compared to their lower trim counterparts (Z71 and TRD Off Road).

Sponsored

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
But on the same token who makes a competitor to the F150 Raptor? The current Raptor is really in a class of its own and I don't feel like the TRD Pro or ZR2 offer all that much compared to their lower trim counterparts (Z71 and TRD Off Road).
That's kind of my point, I feel two raptors can coexist. One to dominate midsize, and one full-size.

I honestly don't feel the F150 Raptor would be too hurt by a Ranger Raptor. They're kind of for different customers.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
That's kind of my point, I feel two raptors can coexist. One to dominate midsize, and one full-size.

I honestly don't feel the F150 Raptor would be too hurt by a Ranger Raptor. They're kind of for different customers.
Same with BMW M2 vs M4, both similarly priced but wildly different

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I sure hope so because I would love a Ranger Raptor. Current Raptor is too big and gets too expensive for me. Adding any of the options packages quickly gets you to $70k.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I sure hope so because I would love a Ranger Raptor. Current Raptor is too big and gets too expensive for me. Adding any of the options packages quickly gets you to $70k.
I feel ya... I had a 2013 Raptor and traded it in when I got my RS. Yes I miss it, but I don't miss the mpg. 10 mpg was on a good day. I was actually thinking about getting a 2019 Raptor again when I found out there wasn't going to be a US Ranger Raptor until I started pricing them out. Crazy expensive compared to when I bought mine.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
How many F150 Raptor (or Ranger Raptor) owners will or do use their truck to it's full potential? Just like 150 horsepower (and higher) motorcycles, it's really about prestige and "looking good".
Those who want to own the Top Dog will still buy the F150. Those who can't afford it will buy the Little Brother.
Sponsored