• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 21 X5 M50i
I picked up the new rig a couple of days ago and wanted to share a list of my initial thoughts from a 2nd gen F150 Raptor.

The Drive: The truck overall feels much tighter and nimble, The damping in sport mode makes it enjoyable to drive through switchbacks and the body roll is surprisingly minimal for a mid-size truck. Compared to the F150 Raptor this feels closer to a sports car. it's no GT350 but the best-handling truck I've ever driven. tires are the biggest limiting factor as far as the corners go.
The motor loves to rev, I find myself consistently getting close to 4k rpm during normal driving with my slight lead foot. In the gen2 I would rarely get over 3k. The truck will hold the RPMs up for a long time in sport mode, much longer than the Gen 2. The Baja exhaust mode is not overbearing and I find myself defaulting to that unless I'm on a call.

Exterior: Ford did a great job of making this truck look aggressive but still subtle. I like the additional width in the fenders and the headlights are very nice to look at and I'm happy with the light output. I'm very happy I went with Carbonized grey. The first thing I did after driving the truck home was a ceramic coat the truck looks great and the coating gives it a permanent wet look and the contrast to the orange accenting seats seems to work well with the grey. In my opinion, the 2nd Gen F150 Raptor is the most aggressive-looking factory truck ever mass-produced and this truck is not quite there but I'm not mad about it.

Cons, I wish they did the amber marker lights and DRLs. I understand the width being just shy of 80in and not a requirement but I think that would have rally made the North American Model stand out from the pack. The only other slight complaint is the offset of the wheels put the tire slightly inside the fender. when off-roading, I often find myself sticking my head out of the window, and tire alignment will be slightly more difficult to see. I do not like the large Raptor logos on the rear fenders so I took those off immediately. It was very easy to do with a little heat and did not leave any residue.

Interior: Starting with the cons, No A/C seats on a 60k truck is ridiculous. There should be a sunroof option even though I wouldn't get one. Physical buttons for the lockers would be awesome, I'm not a fan of having to use a menu to access the off-road functions. Ford could have used the same controls as the Bronco and mounted them above the screen on the dash. The backseat storage under the seats is very small. I wanted to keep some basic off-road equipment back there like a compressor, tow straps, and an air-down tool but even my large tow straps don't fit. It does seem like the competition has found better ways to utilize that space.

As far as the rest of the interior, I think I've already gotten used to the vertical screen after a day. I love the way the seats are bolstered. It's not a race car but is enough to hold you in place firmly when you push the truck hard. The Orange accenting looks much better in person than I expected and makes the interior feel like a special place to be in. The digital gauges are nice and I'm a huge fan of being able to see boost, oil pressure, air charge temps, etc. It's a car nerd's dream to have that from the factory. The shifter is taking a little bit of getting used to pushing on the top instead of the side to go into gear. I like the simple M button on the side to convert to manual shifting. The shift panels feel high quality and the steering wheel feels sporty.

Overall, I love the truck and am very excited to push it offroad and see what it can do. There will be several modifications coming in the next few months that I will try to update for people to see. Cheers and hope everyone gets their trucks soon!

Ford Ranger Initial Impressions of the Ranger Raptor coming from a 2nd Gen F150 Raptor A77A7390
Ford Ranger Initial Impressions of the Ranger Raptor coming from a 2nd Gen F150 Raptor A77A7383

CrankCase

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I can completely agree with your review. I got to drive my brothers (@VELRPTR ) Ranger Raptor from TN to FL with him a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed. I had a Gen 1 raptor and a full raptor swapped 2018 F150 using gen 2 parts and really feel the RR is a nicer feeling truck. So much so I’m considering trading my 6 month old F150 Tremor in on one LOL.

I do think hard button for the lockers (and trail turn?) should have been used on the top of the dash like the bronco.
I am sure someone in the aftermarket will come up with a marker light solution soon enough, I do think all Raptors should come with them…..it is kinda a statement piece of these trucks.

I also Didn’t mind the vertical screen vs my horizontal screen in my tremor, I do wish the a/c was also hard buttons vs the screen buttons. I would have liked to see some other info be able to be displayed under the navigation, like the radio station/song info. But that’s a minor gripe.
Also having an A Pillar grab handle on the drivers side would be really nice to help get into the truck and not have to pull on the steering wheel.

Otherwise it’s a great truck and cant wait to see some out on the trails.

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Did your raptor sticker come off pretty easily? How did you take it off?

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can completely agree with your review. I got to drive my brothers (@VELRPTR ) Ranger Raptor from TN to FL with him a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed. I had a Gen 1 raptor and a full raptor swapped 2018 F150 using gen 2 parts and really feel the RR is a nicer feeling truck. So much so I’m considering trading my 6 month old F150 Tremor in on one LOL.

I do think hard button for the lockers (and trail turn?) should have been used on the top of the dash like the bronco.
I am sure someone in the aftermarket will come up with a marker light solution soon enough, I do think all Raptors should come with them…..it is kinda a statement piece of these trucks.

I also Didn’t mind the vertical screen vs my horizontal screen in my tremor, I do wish the a/c was also hard buttons vs the screen buttons. I would have liked to see some other info be able to be displayed under the navigation, like the radio station/song info. But that’s a minor gripe.
Also having an A Pillar grab handle on the drivers side would be really nice to help get into the truck and not have to pull on the steering wheel.

Otherwise it’s a great truck and cant wait to see some out on the trails.
I think you would have many more smiles per gallon in the RR vs the Tremor! I do miss the backseat room and need to get a cap on the truck ASAP. The A-pillar handle on the driver's side would be nice.

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did your raptor sticker come off pretty easily? How did you take it off?
It came off very easily. I used a heat gun for about a minute over the whole logo then peeled it back with my fingernail and it came right off. It did not leave any residue behind. I made a video I will try to upload later today.

Sponsored

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I think you would have many more smiles per gallon in the RR vs the Tremor! I do miss the backseat room and need to get a cap on the truck ASAP. The A-pillar handle on the driver's side would be nice.
You probably know by now but make sure you get those J braces installed prior to the cap!

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
Fabulous write up!

When I do get my truck, I was thinking about replacing the "RAPTOR" graphic with a multi-colored "VelociRaptor" where the "Veloci" is in cursive, and "Raptor" in print. So it's good to know that the original comes off easy.

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You probably know by now but make sure you get those J braces installed prior to the cap!
I called the dealer to schedule my installation for next week and they notified me that Ford has officially created a recall for this and they will install them at no charge.
I already paid for them and installation through the Ford accessories website so I had to speak with about five different departments from Ford Corporate to eventually be told that I needed to send a letter to Ford for reimbursement but I will be getting them installed next Thursday and reimbursed by Ford whenever they receive my letter. Comcial that Ford could not do this electronically but at least they are addressing the issue.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I called the dealer to schedule my installation for next week and they notified me that Ford has officially created a recall for this and they will install them at no charge.
I already paid for them and installation through the Ford accessories website so I had to speak with about five different departments from Ford Corporate to eventually be told that I needed to send a letter to Ford for reimbursement but I will be getting them installed next Thursday and reimbursed by Ford whenever they receive my letter. Comcial that Ford could not do this electronically but at least they are addressing the issue.
Oh interesting development! I’ve not heard of this recall before. I’ll be interested to see if others are offered the same and if Ford starts installing these from the factory.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor / 1994 Bronco
Are you referring to the CSP for those who bought a bed cap directly through Ford? I don’t see anything pertaining to a recall.
When I click on his link it shows a CSP for the Load box reinforcement bracket kit installation
Campaign#23P22. But when I enter my vin# it says there is no CSP for my truck.
So you must be right. If you don't buy a bed cap through Ford the bracket kit and installation is on you.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I picked up the new rig a couple of days ago and wanted to share a list of my initial thoughts from a 2nd gen F150 Raptor.

The Drive: The truck overall feels much tighter and nimble, The damping in sport mode makes it enjoyable to drive through switchbacks and the body roll is surprisingly minimal for a mid-size truck. Compared to the F150 Raptor this feels closer to a sports car. it's no GT350 but the best-handling truck I've ever driven. tires are the biggest limiting factor as far as the corners go.
The motor loves to rev, I find myself consistently getting close to 4k rpm during normal driving with my slight lead foot. In the gen2 I would rarely get over 3k. The truck will hold the RPMs up for a long time in sport mode, much longer than the Gen 2. The Baja exhaust mode is not overbearing and I find myself defaulting to that unless I'm on a call.

Exterior: Ford did a great job of making this truck look aggressive but still subtle. I like the additional width in the fenders and the headlights are very nice to look at and I'm happy with the light output. I'm very happy I went with Carbonized grey. The first thing I did after driving the truck home was a ceramic coat the truck looks great and the coating gives it a permanent wet look and the contrast to the orange accenting seats seems to work well with the grey. In my opinion, the 2nd Gen F150 Raptor is the most aggressive-looking factory truck ever mass-produced and this truck is not quite there but I'm not mad about it.

Cons, I wish they did the amber marker lights and DRLs. I understand the width being just shy of 80in and not a requirement but I think that would have rally made the North American Model stand out from the pack. The only other slight complaint is the offset of the wheels put the tire slightly inside the fender. when off-roading, I often find myself sticking my head out of the window, and tire alignment will be slightly more difficult to see. I do not like the large Raptor logos on the rear fenders so I took those off immediately. It was very easy to do with a little heat and did not leave any residue.

Interior: Starting with the cons, No A/C seats on a 60k truck is ridiculous. There should be a sunroof option even though I wouldn't get one. Physical buttons for the lockers would be awesome, I'm not a fan of having to use a menu to access the off-road functions. Ford could have used the same controls as the Bronco and mounted them above the screen on the dash. The backseat storage under the seats is very small. I wanted to keep some basic off-road equipment back there like a compressor, tow straps, and an air-down tool but even my large tow straps don't fit. It does seem like the competition has found better ways to utilize that space.

As far as the rest of the interior, I think I've already gotten used to the vertical screen after a day. I love the way the seats are bolstered. It's not a race car but is enough to hold you in place firmly when you push the truck hard. The Orange accenting looks much better in person than I expected and makes the interior feel like a special place to be in. The digital gauges are nice and I'm a huge fan of being able to see boost, oil pressure, air charge temps, etc. It's a car nerd's dream to have that from the factory. The shifter is taking a little bit of getting used to pushing on the top instead of the side to go into gear. I like the simple M button on the side to convert to manual shifting. The shift panels feel high quality and the steering wheel feels sporty.

Overall, I love the truck and am very excited to push it offroad and see what it can do. There will be several modifications coming in the next few months that I will try to update for people to see. Cheers and hope everyone gets their trucks soon!

A77A7390.jpg
A77A7383.jpg
Do you miss all the space you had in the rear seat area on your 150 and up front? They small size in the rear on the Ranger is what I dislike.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Do you miss all the space you had in the rear seat area on your 150 and up front? They small size in the rear on the Ranger is what I dislike.
It fits most adults fine and is far better than many of the other midsize trucks. Gonna be some compromise to have a smaller niftier truck. Definitely fits in the garage better than a full size truck.
Sponsored