• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Ok, first impressions of the truck now that I’ve driven it for a day.

This is the first mid-sized truck I’ve ever owned. All my other was F-150’s or Super Duty’s. So getting used to a small truck is definitely different. Not that it feels small inside. It has plenty of leg room for me. I’m 6 foot and 290 lbs. I fit just fine. The driving a smaller truck is what I mean about getting used to it.

My last truck had a 12 screen that was horizontal not vertical. This one has a 10” screen that is vertical. But the cameras only use the top half. So definitely for me it’s harder to see with. Mine has the 360 system. So when you’re looking at two or three different cameras they are all very small. I like looking out the side mirror and see the bubble finder’s though. It just looks cooler then seeing just a flat side.

I was bummed it didn’t have a usb port up at rear view mirror like I’ve seen on the euro. Trucks. Was hoping to plug my radio detector in there. So need to figure out what wires is hot and ground now for my rear view mirror so I can hot wire it in like I did for my last truck. I don’t like having wires hanging all over. So if anybody with info on that would be appreciated.

But all and all I like it. Got about 22 MPG. Going to work and back today. That’s up and down mountains for 27 miles each way. Very little town driving.

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5469

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5472

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5471

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5470

Last edited by a moderator:

gForceDude

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
Ok,
First impressions of the truck now that I’ve driven it for a day. This is the first mid-sized truck I’ve ever owned. All my other was F-150’s or Super Duty’s. So getting used to a small truck is definitely different. Not that it feels small inside. It has plenty of leg room for me. I’m 6 foot and 290 lbs. I fit just fine. The driving a smaller truck is what I mean about getting used to it. My last truck had a 12 screen that was horizontal not vertical. This one has a 10” screen that is vertical. But the cameras only use the top half. So definitely for me it’s harder to see with. Mine has the 360 system. So when you’re looking at two or three different cameras they are all very small. I like looking out the side mirror and see the bubble finder’s though. It just looks cooler then seeing just a flat side. I was bummed it didn’t have a usb port up at rear view mirror like I’ve seen on the euro. Trucks. Was hoping to plug my radio detector in there. So need to figure out what wires is hot and ground now for my rear view mirror so I can hot wire it in like I did for my last truck. I don’t like having wires hanging all over. So if anybody with info on that would be appreciated. But all and all I like it. Got about 22 MPG. Going to work and back today. That’s up and down mountains for 27 miles each way. Very little town driving.

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5472.jpeg

IMG_5471.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg
You Lucky Dog - that is such a nice Truck!

Is the dreaded Auto Start-Stop installed/operational on your new Truck?
How about that "$1,000 Factory Rebate for Pre-Order Customers", did you get in on that?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
You Lucky Dog - that is such a nice Truck!

Is the dreaded Auto Start-Stop installed/operational on your new Truck?
How about that "$1,000 Factory Rebate for Pre-Order Customers", did you get in on that?
Thanks.
For some reason. not sure why because of all the different settings I’ve been playing with the auto start and stop has been off all day. And I’ve never put it in sport mode yet. My F-150 I would put in sport mode all the time to keep it turned off. So I’ve been thinking something I did turned it off completely. That’s my hope anyway. 😂 No I didn’t order mine until mid-July. So no rebate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
In another thread someone mentioned this dongle worked for getting USB power at the mirror in the Bronco. Should be the same in the Ranger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088P4VFQ7/
The ranger doesn’t have a plug in rear of mirror. The wires come out and into the plastic cover. I took the cover off and there is a plug back there where it plugs into a harness then runs over into a large plug that runs everything up inside there. Like camera and a little heater for defrosting the window for camera. The plug for mirror is small with just three wires coming from it to the mirror.

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager

cboggs

First Name
Curtiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger
Ok, first impressions of the truck now that I’ve driven it for a day.

This is the first mid-sized truck I’ve ever owned. All my other was F-150’s or Super Duty’s. So getting used to a small truck is definitely different. Not that it feels small inside. It has plenty of leg room for me. I’m 6 foot and 290 lbs. I fit just fine. The driving a smaller truck is what I mean about getting used to it.

My last truck had a 12 screen that was horizontal not vertical. This one has a 10” screen that is vertical. But the cameras only use the top half. So definitely for me it’s harder to see with. Mine has the 360 system. So when you’re looking at two or three different cameras they are all very small. I like looking out the side mirror and see the bubble finder’s though. It just looks cooler then seeing just a flat side.

I was bummed it didn’t have a usb port up at rear view mirror like I’ve seen on the euro. Trucks. Was hoping to plug my radio detector in there. So need to figure out what wires is hot and ground now for my rear view mirror so I can hot wire it in like I did for my last truck. I don’t like having wires hanging all over. So if anybody with info on that would be appreciated.

But all and all I like it. Got about 22 MPG. Going to work and back today. That’s up and down mountains for 27 miles each way. Very little town driving.

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5472.jpeg

IMG_5471.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg
Nice review man. It’s my first truck and the midsize works well for my needs. I drove it up your way through Garrett county on the way to Morgantown yesterday. I’ll keep an eye out for your azure grey ranger on the road.

zadagr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Promaster, 4runner
Thanks for the review and congrats!

Does the XLT have vents under the front seats?

Are you able to customize the dash display? From the videos I've seen, the wider lariat display layout looks a little nicer/ more conventional with needle style gauges. Curious if things can be reconfigured on the XLT.

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Nice review man. It’s my first truck and the midsize works well for my needs. I drove it up your way through Garrett county on the way to Morgantown yesterday. I’ll keep an eye out for your azure grey ranger on the road.
Where was you driving from. I live in Kitzmiller area and work in keyser.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Thanks for the review and congrats!

Does the XLT have vents under the front seats?

Are you able to customize the dash display? From the videos I've seen, the wider lariat display layout looks a little nicer/ more conventional with needle style gauges. Curious if things can be reconfigured on the XLT.
Not sure about vents. Will take a look. The dash can be customized to an extent. I did get a virtual rpm gage on left and vertical oil temp on the right. Which made it look a lot better. Just figured that out this evening. Definitely if I had to do it over I would have upgraded that package for bigger screens.

cboggs

First Name
Curtiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger
Where was you driving from. I live in Kitzmiller area and work in keyser.
coming from Keyser. Went past the mill, up backbone on 135, then onto sand flat. I probably went right by you lol.

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
coming from Keyser. Went past the mill, up backbone on 135, then onto sand flat. I probably went right by you lol.
If you ever want to see it. I work in the industry park. 4th building on the right. Would be cool to compare trucks and thoughts on them. What color is yours? I drive around Keyser all the time. I’m sure we will drive by each other eventually. Had a guy stop in parking lot and take a picture of it today.

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Took plastic panel off behind rear view mirror and took some pictures for anyone interested. The little gray plug is what the mirror is plugged into.

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5475

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5479

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5478

Ford Ranger First impressions review of my 2024 Ranger XLT FX4 Off-Road IMG_5480

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
someone please report back if you attempt attaching the splitter dongle linked above.
Sponsored