I just did the mod tonight. Thanks again Gman10 for creating this thread.
For what it's worth, a pair of small end cutting pliers make short work of those tabs.
you can make the horizontal and vertical cuts to the back side and the horizontal cut on the front side of the switch. A utility knife...
Ford Ranger Lifts has a kit as does Traxda. It looks like they use 2 - 1/4" flanges stacked.
1 1/2" would look good too and you have several more options at that height.
I have a Truxxx 1 1/2" kit sitting on my workbench unused still in the box. If it weren't for the bullshit tariff situation...
My Mustang is remote tuned by Unleashed. It's an excellent tune but unfortunately he doesn't support this platform.
I just placed an order with Livernois based on the positive comments on the tuning and aftersales service.
OP, if your kit is a Chinese knock off from Amazon, return it and order the real deal from Redline.
A bit more expensive, a lot less aggravating than dealing with inferior hardware.
If nothing goes wrong after the procal warranty ends then no, nothing wrong.
The problem with it being forever on record as having been tuned is extended warranties.
I made enquiries about it with Ford performance and the performance parts specialist at my dealership after I took delivery of my...
I would rather have the 7.3 Godzilla given the choice. It's smaller external dimensions make it a better fit. Also big cube 90 degree 2 valve pushrod motors sound the best.
The 5.0 requires careful selection of exhaust components to make it sound good.
It's impossible to make the 3.0/2.7 sound good.
Excellent! I like that you can set it up the way that you have with a specific tune for each mode.
The transmission shifting has never been an issue for me so the JB4 makes a lot of sense for those with an extended warranty.
The JB4 seems to be a great alternative to the Ford Performance tune...