Sponsored

Search results

  1. Upon further review,... the price isn't as out of whack as I thought!

    Even my dealer is confused about why the Raptor is so reasonably priced up against the Bronco Raptor, at almost $30K difference. I'd love the 2.7 but who am I kidding... I don't NEED more power than what this thing already has with the 4, and I don't need to up my insurance bill and petrol...
  2. Upon further review,... the price isn't as out of whack as I thought!

    Yeah, the standard equipment on the 6G Lariat just blows away the 5G with the 501A equipment group. So many things that we couldn't even get last time. I'm a bit more optimistic, to say the least.
  3. Upon further review,... the price isn't as out of whack as I thought!

    Last week, I made a post, in which I was quite shocked at the increase in price between my current Ranger (2021 Lariat Tremor) vs the 2024 model, built as closely to it as I could with no Tremor to pick from. After thinking about it for a few days, I realized that wasn't truly a fair...
  4. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    I understand your frustration but I don't agree with your sentiment. I believe Ford will have no problem selling a LOT of Rangers. There is nothing in the used market to pick from because of three years of under-production. We have to be patient, I'm afraid. We hope the market cools down a...
  5. Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE***

    Very nice! Our first rig was a Thor Vegas, which we absolutely loved! Unfortunately, we decided soon after to go FT, and that meant we had to trade up to a much bigger size. Big ol' pain in the wallet! :D I love your doggie/passenger window. I'd love one of those.
  6. Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE***

    Blue Ox Avail 10K towbar Blue Ox baseplate Blue Ox Patriot II aux brake Like it very much. Would rather have a permanent braking system but I trade vehicles too often so I go with the portable. This is us.
  7. Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE***

    Nice. Look forward to seeing it. We also have an f53 Ford based MH, full-time for three years now. Discovered after a year or two that REV Group had incorrectly certified it as having only a 5k hitch, when in fact it has an 8k hitch! This gained us a full thousand pounds in towing...
  8. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    Exactly. And, it's not like Ford doesn't already have experience in the hybrid game. Simply a matter of time.
  9. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    Oh, heck no! If you've got the money for that in your budget, and you can get it at sticker, that's a flipping steal! You'll have people offering you $10K to walk away!!! Again, in retirement I can't justify it but ten years ago, I'd have been drooling! Can't wait to see it!
  10. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    Seeing the others around the world (and the spy shots we saw) I have to believe the SCAB will come once the initial run is done. I will be dumbfounded if there's no hybrid, though. I'm not that interested to be all over it, but I believe there are enough shoppers that are.
  11. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    Not just America. Our inflation is small compared to many. I expected it, but was hopeful it wouldn't be quite as bad as it turned out. End of the day... I've got a beautiful ride and I live in good weather 12 months a year. No one feeling sorry for me! ?
  12. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    Yeah, unfortunately old-man retirement budget isn't quite as flexible as in my working days! :D Talked with my sales contact and even he was a bit surprised by both the lack of options and the significant price bump. Like I said, I'm not complaining. Ford will have ZERO trouble selling them...
  13. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    Yep, and I lost my A/Z lease option with the big layoffs last fall (nephew was an engineer for Ford) so I won't have that any more. Tremor is going to be $10K more than the last version? Yikes.
  14. Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

    Our 21 Tremor came in at $47K exactly two years ago this week. Since there is no Tremor package, I priced a 24 Lariat and I was quite conservative in my build-and-price. I tried to keep it down a little by NOT adding the FX4 package (nor even the standalone locking diff), no mud mats, no...
  15. 6g bed dimensions vs 5g bed

    I believe they laid it out differently, especially with the wider track. They pushed those wheel well bumps out far enough that you can (supposedly) put in a 4x sheet of plywood/drywall, etc., and have it be flat on the floor. If you watch this video, starting at the 1:03 mark, they morph...
  16. 6g bed dimensions vs 5g bed

    Good news and (maybe) not good news: just received confirmation that the bed dimensions are the same (yay) EXCEPT FOR the plastic bed rail caps. He says these may cause an issue with transferring our covers from the 5G to the 6G seamlessly. I have a Fas-Top Travel Package, which is a tonneau...
  17. Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE***

    OK, great news. Just received confirmation from a gentleman (recently retired Ford engineer in charge of towing systems, if you're wondering about his cred) who says that yes, the 6G Ranger will be flat-towable using pretty much the same procedure we currently use for our 5G toads. Also stated...
  18. Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE***

    I also flat-tow a 5G Ranger. My info says it will definitely be towable. Obviously, we have to wait to see the owner's manual but I am convinced it will be identical to our 5G toads.



Top