• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Upon further review,... the price isn't as out of whack as I thought!

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Last week, I made a post, in which I was quite shocked at the increase in price between my current Ranger (2021 Lariat Tremor) vs the 2024 model, built as closely to it as I could with no Tremor to pick from. After thinking about it for a few days, I realized that wasn't truly a fair comparison of price. So, I went back and did a couple of new "build-and-price" examples and I found that Ford isn't really being as over-the-top as I initially thought regarding the 6G.

First, I went back and built a 2023 5G Tremor, exactly as mine was built in 21. I discovered that the price had already increased by a rate of slightly more than 3.2% each year, compounded. Even if they simply continued the 5G lineup into 24, another 3.2% added on and my Ranger would have gone from $47, 655 in '21 to $52, 377 in '24! That's for the exact same truck.

Then, I went back and built a 6G Ranger and realized a lot of things that we paid extra for in '21 were now standard equipment (Adaptive cruise with start/go, which wasn't even available on the 5G, the power outlets and lighting in the bed, etc.) Since I couldn't add the Tremor, I added the FX4 package and the black running boards. All said and done, this truck came in at $52,200! No, not a Tremor, but a dang nice truck for almost exactly the same price as I would have expected to pay for a 5G Tremor.

As I said in my previous post, I'm glad I have a year before I have to worry about making a decision when my lease ends. I know already that I'll be buying out the truck; it's just a case of will my 5G stay with me or will there be plenty of 6G supply by next spring to make it a temptation to sell my Tremor for a nice price and get the new one.
Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
This is what many of us have been saying. Granted it isn’t as good across all trims but the 4k price increase on the lowest is warranted

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
This is what many of us have been saying. Granted it isn’t as good across all trims but the 4k price increase on the lowest is warranted
Yeah, the standard equipment on the 6G Lariat just blows away the 5G with the 501A equipment group. So many things that we couldn't even get last time. I'm a bit more optimistic, to say the least.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I am just shocked that there isn’t a huge difference in price between a Raptor and an FX4 Lariat. I was planning on a Tremor as my middle ground probably next year but now I’m wondering if that’s going to be too steep for my pockets. My thoughts were a Tremor with the 2.7, hopefully with the 4A or AWD. Not thinking that’s going to happen at least with the 4A. That’s not a deal breaker but a tough pill to swallow for the price. The future will be interesting and I am okay letting it play out. I may be pleasantly surprised

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I am just shocked that there isn’t a huge difference in price between a Raptor and an FX4 Lariat. I was planning on a Tremor as my middle ground probably next year but now I’m wondering if that’s going to be too steep for my pockets. My thoughts were a Tremor with the 2.7, hopefully with the 4A or AWD. Not thinking that’s going to happen at least with the 4A. That’s not a deal breaker but a tough pill to swallow for the price. The future will be interesting and I am okay letting it play out. I may be pleasantly surprised
Even my dealer is confused about why the Raptor is so reasonably priced up against the Bronco Raptor, at almost $30K difference. I'd love the 2.7 but who am I kidding... I don't NEED more power than what this thing already has with the 4, and I don't need to up my insurance bill and petrol expense either. The things that the 5G does not have available are what's going to push me into it. Front (and 360) camera, memory seat, fold flat back seat, much better loading area electric options, etc.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Inflation has caused everything to go up. No surprise with the price increase. The Lariat comes very well equipped. When I did my build for the XLT FX4 over the Lariat FX4. The Lariat was not that much more expensive. Yes the Raptor is a surprise that its not a huge jump in price over the Lariat FX4. You would just have a problem getting a Raptor if you are not at the top of the line to get one.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
My HPR 2019 XLT stickered at $42k. Made better by a $6k rebate. My equally optioned 2024 order (in white) is at $44k, and that's with the extra spray-in liner I didn't have in '19. But negated by the absence of the extra '19 HPR color option. So I'd say +2k for a 5 year newer model with more nice interior and exterior features, yes I opted for the extra bed side step...
Sponsored