None of them are the modem. Unfortunately the only documentation I have on it is for right hand drive vehicles, and I can't extract the pictures out. Maybe you don't have the modem, if it's disconnected the option will still be in Sync but you just get an error apparently.
OK so modem is located behind the A/C fan motor in the passenger footwell, it's manufactured by Continental. There's a sticker with all the relevant info on the modem
That can't be the case, Ranger Raptor is not built in the US. It'll come from South Africa, Argentina or Thailand. What is the first two digits of your VIN number?
What model year is yours?
So does Ford in Paraguay advertise the FordPass Connect as a feature? Does your Ranger even have the modem (it is behind the glove compartment on the passenger side I believe). FordPass is active in Australia, and they use a local telephone carrier here for the service.
Unfortunately that website are about the worst automotive press we have in Australia. Nothing in that article is new information, and the specifics they are talking are pure speculation. The hard figures are due in February I've been advised, so it won't be far away.
The front fenders are wider, the headlights are set in further from the extremities of the fenders (breaks my heart to use that word:LOL:), in the OP's video there is a side on view of the front that shows it more clearly.
The current Ranger in Australia has no aluminium in it at all. The...
Mine is about 2400 kg, give or take 10 kg. I haven't weighed it empty before, it was 2540 when I last weighed it with me and some gear in it. 2400 kg is 5290 lbs roughly, and it is heavier than the rest of the Rangers due to the chassis strengthening (rated to an extra G of impact loading on the...
It may be because Ford has figured out how to get rust proofing onto the vehicles properly, but aluminium definitely corrodes. It's a massive problem with aircraft structures.
Other than those living on the coast, rust really isn't an issue in Australia. Even vehicles that have a reputation in Europe or the US for rust fair pretty well out here. The Ranger seems to cope pretty well though. Oh and Aluminium corrodes just as readily as steel does.
That is an annoyance for me, the Raptor is just that much more difficult to climb into the bed vs our XLT. The extra two inches of height makes a big difference (50mm).
Ah yes, I was referring to the side step not being there as the bed sides are a different shape (not extending down as far), and rear step/bumper not being as tall. Lining my Raptor up next to our XLT, the differences at the rear a massive when they look so similar.
You're also correct that the...
It's wider, and the sides behind the wheel arches don't extend as low. The same is true for the current model also, and the rear step is lower profile to increase the departure angle.
The current model's body is 175mm wider, this new one won't be as extreme as the standard vehicle is slightly...
I'll be disappointed if they've gone to an 18" wheel, but the front brakes look bigger now I have a closer look. Mine has 285/70R17s on it from factory. It'll need more brakes with all the extra power!
To those pondering if this is what the US Ranger will look like at the front, just note that your current separate bar nose is completely different in shape and integration to the grill vs the current Ranger Raptor. Your Ranger is more than likely going to have the same grill as the ROW Ranger...
From what I'm hearing, it's one spec everywhere for the Raptor. Europe currently gets the sailplane and roller shutter from the Wildtrak on the current Raptor, Asia and Australia do not, this will be about the only difference.
The advertised pricing for vehicles in Australia includes a lot of additional charges (its advertised basically with all Ford/dealer charges and GST, but without state taxes as these vary). I paid AU$76,990 on the road for mine (i.e. total, with all charges/taxes and registration). The base...