• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2019 Ranger XL Rear Seat Delete Option

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I love the look and the versatility of the rear seat in my new STX.
I plan on keeping the back seat in my Mustang as well.
Heck, I was a bit disappointed when they decided not to offer the back seat in the EXP.
The Ranger SuperCab functions as a coupe at least as well as the SuperCrew functions as a Sedan.
Both function well as trucks as well, in spite of obvious differences in box capacities.
I feel that I sacrificed a shorter wheelbase to make room for the versatility of the SuperCab for passengers as well inside storage and the ability to recline the front seats.
The back seat delete provides almost no more room, but you do lose the versatility and convenience as well as the appearance and resale.
i believe that the Supercab and the Supercrew have the same Wheelbase.
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
i believe that the Supercab and the Supercrew have the same Wheelbase.
That is correct,
The "sacrifice" was in going to the extra foot of wheelbase in the 2019 Ranger,,, Vis-A-Vis my 2001 Ranger which was replaced.

Last edited:

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
Any advice for adding the back seats on a factory seat delete option?
Find somebody that wants to get rid of their seats and work out a trade. See the link below.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/wtt-supercab-back-seats-for-rear-seat-delete-trim.4030/
I will be in SW Michigan area after March 10th. Send me a Private Message to work out the details.
This will NOT BE A EASY SWAP. There will be drilling holes in your floor to install the seat base latches. Panel clips may break on removal. Rear Seat belts could be a challenge to remove if the bolts are Torx type.
A good mechanic with a well stocked tool box could do the job in a day.

Sponsored

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Is it possible to remove the seat bottoms from the Lariat seat? How hard is it to do? Directions?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Is it possible to remove the seat bottoms from the Lariat seat? How hard is it to do? Directions?
I assume you are asking about the rear seat bottom cushions.
Refer to page 122 of your 2019 owner's manual, or locate and pull forward the release strap on the forward edge of the cushion, lift the cushion and disengage the rear metal hoops from the cutouts in the floor.
Sponsored