• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2022 Nissan FRONTIER

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
2022 Nissan Frontier Revealed As U.S. Market Ford Ranger Competitor

Article: 2022 Nissan Frontier Revealed As U.S. Market Ford Ranger Competitor (fordauthority.com)

Not sure what I think of the look. Same with the 2023 photo shop's of 2023 Ranger.

Powering the new Frontier is Nissan’s naturally aspirated 3.8L V6. The carryover six is rated at 310 horsepower and 281 pound-feet of torque. It is mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission that can be optioned with a part-time four-wheel drive system.

Four trim levels will be offered at launch: S, SV, Pro-X, and Pro-4X. The Frontier comes standard with a five-foot bed, and can be ordered with a six-foot bed, in both King Cab (extended cab) or Crew Cab configurations, depending on trim.

Ford Ranger 2022 Nissan FRONTIER 2022-Nissan-Frontier-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Quarters-Official-Photo-758x505
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
More info: It rides on old frame. Where the new Ranger is derived from the Bronco

The 2022 Frontier is a huge departure from its predecessor, which is why we’re somewhat surprised to learn that it makes use of the old truck’s basic chassis and cab structure. That’s apparent in the shape of the windshield, roof, and rear window, as well as the door openings. However, Nissan stylists were obviously very careful to ensure that almost every other square inch of sheet metal and glass are different from the outgoing truck – the new one looks far more contemporary and attractive.

Unfortunately, its husky engine doesn’t net big towing or payload numbers for the 2022 Frontier.

Nissan says it can haul up to 1,610 pounds of payload or tow up to 6,720 pounds. The Tacoma, for example, can lug 1,620 pounds of stuff in the bed and tow a 6,800-pound trailer, while the Ranger can tow 7,500 pounds and haul 1,920 pounds. The gas Chevy Colorado tows 7,000 pounds, while its available diesel ups the ante to 7,700. The Frontier pips its Bow Tie competitor in payload, however – the Colorado can only haul 1,569 pounds. It also beats out the Honda Ridgeline in both metrics.

Enessy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19Frontier Pro4X, ‘21 Lincoln Nautilus, KTM 1290R
I like it. It’s gonna sell well I think. Sounds like it has some very cool tech to go with it too. This was long overdue. I’m waiting for the Ranger Raptor or the Bronco Warthog pick up.

Coreyw

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ranger
Occupation
Truck Driver
When will they release it?

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Pricing comes around Aug 6th and it will start arriving at dealers the first week of Sept.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
So they are starting production now yet I haven’t even seen one photo of the SV crewcab/longbed configuration? No online configurator? Talk about a marketing fail!

That’s fine with me though…. I’m holding out for the ‘23 Ranger anyhow with the hope they will offer a SuperCrew Longbed?

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
They went into production a couple weeks ago. Media got access to the Frontiers this week and you can find a few videos on YouTube or tfl if interested. The test drive embargo’s will be lifted on the 10th. The SV will be available with lots of options including leather. I attached a pick of a SV 6’ bed. I’m thinking hard on the SV 4x4 crew loaded with 6’ bed. I really like the NA V6 (no turbos) mated to 9 speed transmission. My 2017 Fusion with 122k miles (work commuter car) had the turbo go out and head gasket leak. Estimate from Ford was just north of 7k to repair.

Ford Ranger 2022 Nissan FRONTIER 8D072CE0-70DC-4E1A-9DFE-83154F13FE53

Last edited:

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Media got access to the Frontiers this week and you can find a few videos on YouTube or tfl if interested. The SV will be available with lots of options including leather. I attached a pick of a SV 6’ bed.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
They went into production a couple weeks ago. Media got access to the Frontiers this week and you can find a few videos on YouTube or tfl if interested. The test drive embargo’s will be lifted on the 10th. The SV will be available with lots of options including leather. I attached a pick of a SV 6’ bed. I’m thinking hard on the SV 4x4 crew loaded with 6’ bed. I really like the NA V6 (no turbos) mated to 9 speed transmission. My 2017 Fusion with 122k miles (work commuter car) had the turbo go out and head gasket leak. Estimate from Ford was just north of 7k to repair.

8D072CE0-70DC-4E1A-9DFE-83154F13FE53.png
Thanks for the photo…. It’s the first image I’ve seen of the crew cab/longbed. I’m a regular on TFL Truck too, so I did see that video.

I’m still going to wait for the next gen Ranger and hope for the SuperCrew/longbed. I’ve been waiting 4 years (and making payments to myself). I can wait one more year I suppose if my nearly 20 year old ‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew continues to run without issues.