• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
New spy photos have emerged showing a camouflaged Ranger Raptor, a regular Ranger, and the new Everest - an SUV we don't get here. The Everest is based on the Ranger, so it makes sense that they're being tested alongside each other.

As the images reveal, these vehicles are rocking loads of ARB accessories, so these are likely what Ford has been testing. You don't want your rooftop tent detaching from your off-roader just because you hit a rock a little too hard or had to maneuver the vehicle off its natural axis.

You can see nudge bars, a snorkel, the aforementioned roof racks and camping accessories, a tow bar, and LED spotlights. There are also aggressive off-road tires, flared wheel arches, meaty side steps, and, reportedly, a Fox suspension. This last component is already confirmed to be coming with the Ranger Raptor, while the fact that this is a lefthand-drive model suggests that this could be the US-spec model being tested.

Clearly, development is at an advanced stage if Ford is only working on testing accessories at this point. With that in mind, a reveal should be imminent, and we look forward to finding out how the rugged Ranger performs on local trails.

Ford Ranger 2023+ Ranger Raptor Spied Testing in Australia with Off-Road Goodies next-ranger-raptor-testing-australia-5

Ford Ranger 2023+ Ranger Raptor Spied Testing in Australia with Off-Road Goodies next-ranger-raptor-testing-australia-3

Ford Everest testing alongside Ranger (provided for context):

Ford Ranger 2023+ Ranger Raptor Spied Testing in Australia with Off-Road Goodies next-ranger-raptor-testing-australia-1

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Nov 24 is D-Day for my first truck purchase. It'll determine what I'm getting :) Hyped!

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Nov 24 is D-Day for my first truck purchase. It'll determine what I'm getting :) Hyped!
Don't get too excited unfortunately, that's the ROTW launch, not the North American launch.

Reactions: Doc

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
So this is the first time in a while we have seen the new Ranger and Everest in the wild in Australia, that's likely due to the lockdowns preventing Ford getting out and about with them, and a lack of people actually spotting them when they were out and about. That convoy actually had three vehicles, a Ranger, a Ranger Raptor and an Everest. Hate to rain on the parade, but LHD is pretty predominant in Asia where the RR has been selling in huge numbers.

Ford Australia are also partnering with ARB, hence their access to prototype vehicles prior to launch. ARB accessories will be available through the Ford dealer network.

Reactions: Doc

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Don't get too excited unfortunately, that's the ROTW launch, not the North American launch.
Of this I am aware, but it's impossible for me to not be excited. It's the small truck (r)evolution I've dreamed of.

I'm calling my truck Wildtrak whether I get a ranger or not. Love the marketing team for that one.
Sponsored

Last edited: