• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Reactions: MJE

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Well Toyota is finally ditching rear drum brakes for the next Tacoma. So welcome to the 21st century I guess?https://www.thedrive.com/news/2024-toyota-tacoma-finally-ditches-rear-drum-brakes-for-discs
Sorry, I’m still trying to figure out why this current generation is the midsize top seller???
Because it's Toyodor and they are loved by the auto mags especially Consumer Reports. Not sure if they pay more to them...that's right CR is unbiased, LMFAO. I admit I am 100% biased against Toyodor, they can shove their vehicles right up their Kanban.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
So today’s Taco Tuesday Teaser was an option for JBL Bluetooth speaker that fits in the dash. One photo shows the speaker resting on the tailgate. I bumped up the exposure and noticed this…
Ford Ranger 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Teaser Confirms i-Force Max Hybrid Powertrain + Coil Spring Rear Suspension 4BD9A742-661C-44BD-AC5D-4C702D808ADF

Not sure what’s going on there? But it does appear to have a horizontal track system of sorts.

Reactions: MJE

CaptAngry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Taco
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
The track system has been on all Tacos since 2005. The other "What's this?" item just appears to be the side of the bed where the tailgate latches. I assume this was a black or dark blue truck?

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Listening to new owners on the Colorado forum with their new 3rd gens. Pretty nice package but its looking like those dismal EPA ratings for MPG's are coming true. I would not expect much more then 18 MPG's. Toyota's hybrid 2.4T combo should have no problem beating that by 5 MPG's. But what really catches my eye is the coil suspension in back. This is significant and a big advantage. Its going to have the better ride for the segment. Significantly so. People can say what they will but Toyota is likely going all out on this gen. It will be class leader in MPG's and in ride quality.

Sorry, I’m still trying to figure out why this current generation is the midsize top seller???
They have brand loyalty and the perception that it has superior reliability but in truth I don't think they are as reliable as many owners claim. Allot of it is the design language. Low roof with high floor. Many like its chopped look and is why Toyota has not changed it much. If they buy it as is Toy will build it. But they dragged this design as far as they can. The next gen looks to address the cramped cabin and complaints of crappy transmission/motor. The new setup should have plenty of torque to smooth things out. Its based somewhat on their new platform so it will have a modern interior for the first time ever lol. Oh and another HUGE reason people buy them is they have high resale value. Heard many say they bought it just because of that. Which is true of course.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Okay, but I am still not buying one but that's just me. Everyone should get what works best for themselves. The world would suck if we didn't have options and opinions.
Sponsored