• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Teaser Tuesday!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
i-Force Max Hybrid Powertrain
Teaser Tuesday!

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Iā€™ll be honest, a hybrid midsize is what Iā€™m hoping for, especially if offered in a crewcab/longbed configuration, which the Tacoma currently offers. If Ford doesnā€™t step it up, this Tacoma will probably be my next truck given they address the fairly long list of issues I have with the current Tacoma. Itā€™s beyond me how Itā€™s the number one truck in the segment???

Last edited:

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Iā€™ll be honest, a hybrid midsize is what Iā€™m hoping for, especially if offered in a crewcab/longbed configuration, which the Tacoma currently offers. If Ford doesnā€™t step it up, this Tacoma will probably be my next truck given they address all the issues I have with the current Tacoma.
Hopefully Toyota will figure out their supply chain issues.

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe Z71, Mustang GT
Man a hybrid Taco really makes those abysmal mpgs of the GM twins look so much worse. Hopefully Ford has something similar in store.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Hopefully Toyota will figure out their supply chain issues.
Yeah I do know Toyota is having supply chain issue, but honestly Ford isnā€™t that much better off. What really has me concerned with the 6G Ranger is the fact it will be rolling down the same line as the Bronco whose production is already strained. Iā€™m driving a 21+ year old F-150 and definitely donā€™t want to wait a year or two before I take delivery.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I just think the Bronco issue was doomed from the start and was probably never really recoverable.

You have to remember, the release was so highly anticipated, given that there hasn't been a Bronco in 50 years, and it released right when everyone was just sitting at home, stock piling money. And when the pandemic happened, they just couldn't build them, and they are still playing catch-up today.

Don't get me wrong, I think there will be hype around the new Ranger, but we will be in a different time and a different economy. And outside this community, I am not sure we will see Pandemic-Bronco level demand.

Also for the past couple months, current gen Ranger production has pretty much halted. I think Ford is just using that and the time between Ranger production to push out all remaining Bronco orders and then have both start up on even footing. Of course, I'm no manufacturing operations expert so very possible it could be another shit show. But I am hopeful Ford isn't crazy enough to botch 2 launches in a row.

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I hope Ford comes out swingingā€¦ i really wanted a PHEV but donā€™t want to wait till 2025 or beyond. Judging by the Taco forum the new Tacoma addresses a lot of the issues of the previous gen.
Even a Toyota 2.4 hybrid puts it very close in power to the 2.7 ecoboost (depending how its tuned).
it will be interesting to see how this plays out but the GMC Canyon looks less appetizing after this teaser and thewith the MPGs released.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
"But I am hopeful Ford isn't crazy enough to botch 2 launches in a row. "

This may be part of the reason why Ford is waiting to produce the Ranger in NA. The World's a different place and who knows if the supply chain will run smoothly. Ford's has had many warranty issues, especially with the Lincoln brand. Hopefully getting back to " Quality is Job One "

The Taco is going to steal all Ford's 3 years of Hype.

Last edited:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

This may be part of the reason why Ford is waiting to produce the Ranger in NA. The World's a different place and who knows if the supply chain will run smoothly. Ford's has had many warranty issues, especially with the Lincoln brand. Hopefully getting back to " Quality is Job One "

Taco won't steal anything. Already segment leader with 250k annual sales on stale platform. Ranger 5G average US sales were approximately 100k annual from 2019 until Ford confirmed that 6G would replace it and sales dropped starting with 2022 MY. New Ranger has nowhere to go but up. Targets would be Ridgeline ~35k annual, Frontier ~60k last year IIRC. Those should be easy Ranger 1st year beats on brand loyalty and pent up demand for the new model alone.

Once test reviews are out and digested on GM twins, Ranger and Taco and maybe an initial quality report drops, things might shuffle a bit but trends emerge.

Other players? I still don't expect mass production on schedule for Cybertruck and Mitsubishi just announced they are back in this market. Maybe a surprise return of production Dakota too, but looking for continued dominance by Toyota by existing margins. Of course I could be wrong.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 and 2020 F350 and 2022 Ford Escape

Since Ford screwed me on my Bronco order (two price increases and then cancelling my order) I will consider another brand for the first time in over 40 years. Toyota has always had quality off road vehicles so I will take a hard look at the Taco. Haven't counted out a new Ranger but adding a Taco to the competition.
Sponsored